Guest search criteria

Ulrico0
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Guest search criteria

I am getting quite good bookings but I think that I could get many more if a discrepancy that is present in the current guest search criteria would be addressed.

My property called "Amalfi coast Villa la Calcara", is located in the Maiori area, part of the Amalfi Coast in general. I notice that when I simulate a guest rearch, by filling the initial destination field with the words "Amalfi Coast" my villa does not appear. Even though I changed the address to a general one called Amalfi Coast, I notice that my villa still it is excluded by the packet of villas produced (shown) by that search criteria, that being "Amalfi Coast". Then I figuered that the system must take the Villa map location as area reference. Being so far so good, I tried to see what happens if as destination entry I use Maiori (my local area), and I was puzzled by the evident discrepancy in the results produced.
The discrepancy starts with the Amalfi Coast destination entry, that besides the Villas close to the town of Amalfi, also produces Villas that are located in Praiano and Positano, that are much more distant than my villa from the town of Amalfi.
The discrepancy continues  when vice versa I insert as destination entry Maiori, that is my area,where  besides me and my very close neighbours being shown, there are also many Villas located in Amalfi and as far as Praiano and Positano.

So my dear question would be why I am not appearing on the " Amalfi Coast" destination search result? Being my property phisically located on one of the best parts of the Amalfi Coast, facing Amalfi just across the bay, and being fully part of the amalfi Coast , I am still excluded by that important destination criteria (Amalfi Coast), and so I figure loosing on lots of bookings initiated by the very common and know destination of "Amalfi Coast".

I have already called the phone attendance service, but it has not produced tangible results.I figure  the computuer system based criteria excludes my Villa, apparently on the basis of the map location discrepancy that favours all properties located west of Amalfi. The same happens with the Maiori Criteria, the mapping system basically increases the destination entry results just by looking west on the map.

Reduced to a few words, all villas located WEST of Amalfi town appear on the most paramount desitination criteria that is "Amalfi Coast", and on almost all destination criterias east of them, whereas properties like mine that are located EAST of Amalfi town are excluded from the most important destination critaria of all that is "Amalfi Coast"

How can I tell the Airbnb software programmmers to please fix this computer based discrepancy and thus help me and other good neighbours of mine that offer excellent products (look at my guest reviews) get more business (bookings)?

Kind regards
Ulrico Bracci

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have reached a host forum and your issue will not be reviewed by Air BNB, unfortunately.