Guests bringing in girlfriends..

Fatima149
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Guests bringing in girlfriends..

I have had 2 listings in the last 2 weeks. Bit were from young males, booked on the same day. One small ked drugs in the room and the other turned up with a girlfriend at 1am.

I politely told him it clearly says Single occupancy and he asked if we could work domesomet out. I told him we have children in the house and that the room is for 1 person.

She then walked off in a huff and I encourage him to go after her as it was 2am and dark and deserted outside.

He has texted me for a refund. I referred him to Airbnb.

My question is,if a guests turns up with someone else, how do you feel with it in the safest quickest way not to let them in your property please,?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

It's a difficult one, especially at 1am when I'm sure you'd rather be asleep than dealing with guests. But when the guest books s/he confirms they've read the house rules, and in your case that includes the fact that it's for one person, not two. So you were right to ask the gf to leave. If the guest cancelled because of that you have the right to appeal - clearly you're in the right. Airbnb often sides with  guests though because they need customers and the "customer is always right" (even when they're wrong). I'd persevere on this one - you're in the right. Happy hosting. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Fatima149 

You did did the right thing. Personally I would glad to see the back of that guest and I would give him his money back for I stayed nights.

i know some people would argue differently-  it I would just want him out and no stress or hassle after that.

Another option Is to make it clear that if he did not cancel the booking immediately then he would only receive a refund if you can sell the room for remaining nights.