Guests late reviews

Kerry40
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Guests late reviews

A guest didnt leave a review in time for it to be registered but sent me a message via AirBnB messages saying he loved his stay - can i publish this as a review to count in my Superhost assessment?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kerry40  As so many processes are automated on this platform, if the guest does not leave the review the review cannot be counted toward Super Host.  It is good that you have this feedback, though.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kerry40 No, but if you still have message contact with the guest get them to contact Airbnb and if they have a suitable good story Airbnb may possibly allow for an inclusion. They seem to bend over backwards to meet guests demands these days!

Kerry don't worry if the odd guest does not review you...it happens frequently! Some of them think it doesn't matter or they can't be bothered. I have had two this year who did not leave a review and in each instance they were very self absorbed people who, although ok to host did nothing but talk about themselves. Even after prompting through the message stream they still did not respond....which on reflection may not have been a bad thing. I think I am possibly better off for not having their review!

It is just something that you have to accept will happen every now and then!

Cheers.....Rob