Home Highlights

Tif1
Level 6
Borlänge, Sweden

Home Highlights

This seems more of a hinder than a highlight for hosts.

It lags behind in updates so for example on mine it says 9/10 said the home was sparkling clean, when in fact all say it is sparkling clean, and then highlights the self check in box, which I only added to be part of the work plan listing (of which I not I don't appear as a business listing! ) and prefer to meet and greet guests myself rather than have them check themselves in, and that the home has a dryer (which is  listed as only available if requested, it is not in the flat itself) which could lead to people misinterpreting what is available

I find this feature about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I wish they would do away with it as the reviews and star  system cover this already Skärmavbild 2019-01-04 kl. 07.12.28.png

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Tif1 I agree that the home highlights seem completely pointless. However:

It doesn't state that 9 out of 10 recent guests said that the place was sparkling clean: it just says that 9 recent guests said that it was. For me, it says that 17 recent guests have said that it was, and I've had well over 100 guests. It just takes all the guests that the system considers to be "recent", whatever that means. 

If the lock box isn't helping you achieve your goal, why not just remove it as an option? If you're not using it anyways because you prefer to meet every guest, it's probably better to omit it so that you're not setting a false expectation that could potentially trip you up on reviews. Just FYI, I've been included in the work collection since it was introduced, and I don't think it has helped me at all.

The dryer thing is bizarre. It must just pick something that's rare, no matter how popular it is. I've often seen features like parking and a fireplace featured, which do seem to make a bit more sense.

@Alexandra316  I know right. It never highlights that we have a lovely fireplace, and there is no facility to add that you have a sauna, but it keeps advertising the lockbox !  It does say in our blurb that the lockbox is only available by prior arrangement but even so 😉  

Re the 9/10 aha. I was just reading that as I have just had my 10th set of guests so thought it was behind but see what you mean now when you explained your guest ratio to 17 recent guests

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

This feature is completely useless! I hate it. It takes up a lot of valuable space on the listing page and the highlights barley ever change despite there being many other "complaints" or "features" to choose from.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tif1 I hate this feature.  Mine says that 95% of my recent guests have given me 5* for check in.  This is wildly inaccurate as I have had 258 reviews and of those, only two were 4* for check in and only one was 3* (the 3* one was from a lady who was very sweet but so dopey that she wouldn't have managed to find my front door if she had been nailed to it).  The two 4 star ratings were in 2015 and the 3* rating was from 2016 - so, not only not recent but not accurate either.   Waste of space just as @Emilia42 says.  The landmarks are a waste of space as well as far as I am concerned.

I love British humour ha ha .  Haven't heard the word dopey for years. ha ha .