Using Hosting Guarantee

Using Hosting Guarantee

I recently had a guest. They came without the lock box code I gave them twice. I gave them the lock box code right after booking and again two days before check in. When they could reach me there tried to break into the lock box. They damaged it an made it unable to open. They then proceeded to try to break into my front door. They distroyed my front door. However still couldn’t get in. They moved on to both sets of sliders. They damaged both and got into one. I had no idea until they checked out. The caused $3700 in damage. 

I giled led a police report. I contacted Airbnb. Airbnb’s advice was to wait to file a claim until the 13th Day. Right before the guest 14 day review window closes. In the hopes they won’t leave a retaliation review in response to my claim. 

I asked if if I file a claim will Airbnb remove a retaliation review. They said no. 

Anyone have an experience like this? Anyone have success with Airbnb removing a review?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Katherine354

OMG 😞  lunatics!

I think your fist concern now should be to get a police report and file a damage claim through Airbnb to get at least a part of the cost. You have only 14 days or until your next guests check in to submit a damage claim, not later. 

You will deal with a review if and when your guest writes it.

The guest ended up leaving me a 5 star review. In return I left and honest unemotional review for them. I also filed a claim with Airbnb. I had already spoken with my local police department. 

Mazba0
Level 2
Dhaka Division, Bangladesh

Support to me. Thanks