Hosts need to Approve Guest to see the photo!?

Irina47
Level 6
Portland, OR

Hosts need to Approve Guest to see the photo!?

Why does Airbnb keep making changes to limit hosts!? I’ve been a superhost since I’ve started Airbnb, I approve everyone and don’t discriminate. But with the recent change I now can’t even see a guest’s photo before I approve them to enter my home?! I have children in my home and I really need to see who is coming to stay in my home with me. As a superhost for almost 3 years now, I feel this is extremely disrespectful to hosts. We are opening up our homes to stangers, making money for Airbnb, and now we can’t even see who is coming before an approval?! 

3 Replies 3
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you've approved everybody in the past, @Irina47, do you think a Freddy Krueger type will suddenly try and book, just because you can't see him?

Actually my worst experience was from a guest whose profile picture was a strange askeiwed photo. He had clearly not understood how Airbnb works and ask for room service and left a bad review after I didn’t make his bed everyday. So  I actually do like to see who is booking my place, good reviews and a good profile picture give me peace of mind. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Irina47, there have been several threads about this topic - many hosts are very unhappy about this, especially those like you who host people in their homes. See this thread: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/No-to-the-new-no-guest-photo-policy/m-p/929239#M231477