How can I remove an automated review?

How can I remove an automated review?

I listed a home I was renting for SXSW. I received a request almost immediately. Which was great, but when I asked my landlord if it was okay (expecting it would be FINE) he said no. So, I had to cancel on the guest and I quickly removed my posting. I own my own place now and have it online but there is an automated review "The host canceled this reservation 26 days before arrival. This is an automated posting." How can I get this removed. 😞

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

It can not be removed. It's also reflecting an actual situation.
But by getting reviews from your future guests it will disappear more or less out of sight.
Best, Emiel

@Sharon337, I imagine it is probably too late, but I think you have the opportunity to post a public comment on even those automated reviews. This give you a chance to explain what happened. This has to be done within a certain time though.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sharon337 Sugar, make new listing for your place. The cancellation review will stay with the old listing. It will also show on your total reviews for your profile but it carries much less weight. 

I say just start fresh! The new broom sweeps clean. 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

@Sharon337 Also delete the old listing altogether so it’s not a phantom listing.