How do I decide a check-IN not later than?

Eduard0
Level 1
Washington, DC

How do I decide a check-IN not later than?

I am an host. Airbnb gives me the possibility to choose to receive my guests not before a give hour. However, I cannot establish a rule for a check-in 'not later than' a give time. After receiving a reservation, I have guests informing me they will land around 11pm, so arriving at my place after midnight. I am usually very flexible with check-ins, but I do want to establish some basic rules (check-in after 9am and before 11pm) to which I may decide to waive, only if I feel to.

So, is there a way to inform my guests of this rule? Only the house rules I guess?
Thanks, Frank

3 Replies 3
Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Eduard0:

I would include it in the house rules & other things to note. It doesn't hurt to repeat yourself as we know guests don't always read our listings thoroughly. I would separate the check in and check out time into seperate sentences.

Check-in is between 10am - 11pm.

Check-ins after 11pm, must get pre-approved PRIOR to you booking with me since I can't always accommodate later than 11pm.

Check out time is at X time.

On another note, I noticed your check-in time is before your actual check-out time. Does this mean you do not allow back to back guests?

Hi Markus, well noted. I'll follow your suggestions.

Yes, it is correct, I prefer to have one day preparation time between the departing and the arriving guests.

Thanks again, 
Frank

One solution to late check-ins is to install a keyless (coded) lock. This is also handy when you can't be present to hand the guest a key. Simply send them the latest code a few days before their arrival.