How does adding a language work?

Valerie283
Level 3
Katoomba, Australia

How does adding a language work?

Does it mean a listing of different language in addition to the listing in English of the same property is available for a potential guest to choose to read?  In other words the host needs to create a complete version of the additional language so that the potential guest can choose which to read.  Are we right?

We've just tested it.  After having an additional language was set, the same listing in English still comes up.  There is no extra room for another language.  It looks like we have to mix the languages together.  So we don't see any point for them to ask us to set the additional language.  We can easily write in the language we want without setting it specifically.

Please comment!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Valerie283 ,

When you choose to add an additional language, you can write the listing description in this additonal language (scroll down when managing the listing description, the part for additional language is below the original language). What is displayed to the guests depends on his personal setting for preferred language.

You can see your own listing in the different languages by scrolling down to bottom of the screen, on the left you have the choice for preferred language (and als preferred currency).

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Thanks!

We now can't find where to add a language.

Everything on the website seems to be somewhat haphazard.  A lot of things I just stumble on them.

Could you please help and tell me where I can get that language option again so we can try it out.

Regards

Pat140
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your help!!! I hadn't noticed the additional language right underneath the English!