I Keep 3rd Party Bookings & Nobody puts in the correct number of adults

Elizabeth10
Level 10
Fort Wayne, IN

I Keep 3rd Party Bookings & Nobody puts in the correct number of adults

Just lost a $563 booking in a manner of minutes for refusing to allow a booking that does not conform to the booking policies.  As soon as I told the booking party, it was immediate cancel – he’ll find someone other place to stay as no one questioned it before. 

When customer service called me for my approval of a full refund, I told them this is happening all of the time and they really need to put A final notice of sort telling the booking party that 3rd party bookings are against policies.  Also, a final confirmation as to the number of guests and another warning that this number MUST be accurately reflected.  The rep said I would be glad to show you how to put it in my listing.  I said I have it my listing, but I should not have to!  I wasted my breathe in providing pertinent feedback to the many problems I experience on a frequent basis when I host.

On a side note, I do see when I looked up the policy, I did find out they are now allowing business bookings (do they ever let us hosts know what is changing, like the infant to charge, etc.???).  However, it says you should have info on the booking employer AND the guest staying.  So this was not the newly approved 3rd party business booking process.

Also, I am constantly put into the position of telling a newly booked person for one adult, that “we” (are arriving, etc), means you did not accurately reflect the number of guests.  I keep my base rate low, but I do charge a extra fee for extra guests. 

Here is the conversation.  I normally do a longer welcome \ info message, but I was not at a place where I could spend a lot of time hand holding a not so new AirBnb booker.

Xxxxx SENT A REQUEST TODAY AT 4:24 PM

Me:  Hi xxxx thank you for booking with me.  What time will you be checking in.  I'll be home in a couple of hours, but you can use the lockbox if you want. Parking is in front of the house.  I do have a couple of things to grab and put away.  Regards beth

Today at 4:29 PM

They planned to check in within the hour.  So drop box would be fine. If you have the code.

Today at 4:31 PM

Me:  xxxxcodexxxx

Instructions are under the reservation.  They tells me that there is more than one guest.  I thought I saw that the reservation was for one adult. Also the person booking should be one of the guests?

Today at 4:33 PM

Ok well I apologize for any confusion on my part. That’s why I put in my message before booking that I have my employee. So I am sorry if that wasn’t clear if they (husband an wife) can’t stay bc I’m paying for it then.  Can you please cxl the transaction An I’ll tell them they’re not going. They’re still sitting here so if you don’t want them to stay at your place I understand.

Today at 4:37 PM

Note: at that time, I see the msg he sent finally showed.  It says:  I would like to put my employee I’ve flown in to your beautiful place.  Sorry for short notice.  I’m trying to book today. For next 2 weeks

It's not a case of not wanting them to in it's just Airbnb policy that anyone booking is staying.   Plus the # staying must be disclosed Otherwise I can loosce the liability guarantee

Today at 4:43 PM

Me:  It's not a case of not wanting them to in it's just Airbnb policy that anyone booking is staying.   Plus the # of must be disclosed Otherwise I can loosce the liability guarantee

Today at 4:43 PM

Note:  (I was trying to get back across town to race home,  so my typing was not very good L. 

I see so how do we cancel this? Bc I don’t want to pretend I’m staying when I’m not.  I won’t be there. This is the 1st time this has ever been a issue for me so I apologize. 

Today at 4:44 PM

I understand I’ve booked several places for several employees I just always put that in my message so I didn’t realize this was a issue.  If you can please just cxl the transaction then I’ll move on An work out a different place. Thanks sorry for hassle

Today at 4:46 PM

Me:  I can't cancel in my end bc it will go against my rating .  Be glad to host then if u cancel and they rebook

Approve the cancel

Today at 4:50 PM

otherwise plz contact a customer svc and I will approve

Today at 4:50 PM

Ok I’ll cxl with them I certainly don’t want to effect your rating

Today at 4:51 PM

They’re calling you now thx

Today at 5:10 PM

CANCELLED TODAY AT 5:14 PM

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Elizabeth10 

ye, it happens all the time because registration for new users is one frustrating long process which can not be done in few minutes. Now immagine a company with 50 or more employees traveling on business trip-s ... who has time for all those registrations? 

Sam584
Level 1
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Yes, i having "Nobody puts in the correct number of adults" too.. So how to solve that?