I can't seem to improve my commitment rate.

I can't seem to improve my commitment rate.

I am aiming to obtain a super host status until next assessment but I have a problem with my commitment rate. The requirement is 100% commitment but mine doesn't go up from 97%. I would like to respectfully ask my fellow hosts for an advice. Thanks in advance!

-Ryou

6 Replies 6
Fabs0
Level 4
United States

Contact them because if you are below 100% because of something out of your control plumbing problem or something like that they will give you a pass
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Ryou, did you cancel a reservation before? If yes, you are not eligible to follow the superhost programme for a year. That some kind of penalty of canceling. You can read article below. Good luck.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I do have a canceled trip. The reason for that is it didn't show up in my notifications. Well, I saw many posts from other hosts regarding reservations not showing up in notifications. I guess I have to wait for next year. 

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your reply.

it says: You can cancel instant bookings penalty-free an unlimited number of times if you’re uncomfortable with a reservation or if a guest breaks one of your House Rules. “Penalty-free” means you won’t pay a fee, lose Superhost status (or eligibility for it), or receive any of the other penalties mentioned above.

So why i have lost eligibility for Superhost status?

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Sorry but you have cancelled a guest (I had a quick look at your listings).  This will affect your commitment rate for 12 months from the date of that cancellation.

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Truth is I am also aiming for it, but to be honest I have read countless posts from superhosts and ex superhosts who claimed it did not lead to any increase in bookings. So I wouldn't sweat it too much.