Instant Booking - my calendars are sychronised

David136
Level 1
Thailand

Instant Booking - my calendars are sychronised

I would very much like to activate Instant Booking, but my villas are advertised on other holiday websites.  Therefore there is a delay at times from when I receive a booking and to when it shows on my calendar with Airbnb.  Therefore it seems there is a risk I may receive an Instant Book via Airbnb but in between this time a booking has come in from another holiday website, and does not yet show on he calendars.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Also, do I understand that the potential guests just click and they have booked their dates, without any communication with the host regarding availability etc?  Grateful for any help please.  Many thanks.

Dave 

2 Replies 2

Hello @David136,

No sure about the synching but sharing my bits: yes, there are guests who just go ahead and book without intially communicating just by looking at the details and promising previous reviews of the property. However that happens quite rarely, most guests talk before bookimg. Never experienced a delay, I use the App, and also have my email notifications on. I get an instant notification whenever there's an instant booking.

However it is possible that you might be occupied with some other task and might miss the notification or the mail and thus a double booking could happen if you fail to update your calendars on other sites.

Hope that helps 🙂

Karen765
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

I have instant book on air bnb and it works well. In the main I receive a message from guests telling me why they are coming etc but they have actually already booked..  I think you can cancel without penalty if you have instant book on. I too advertise on another site but I don’t have instant book on that one as I agree it would be too risky..  my advice would be to try it... turn instant on on air bnb but Off on others unless you can sync your calendars.,