Leaving without payment

Leaving without payment

Hi

2 weeks ago I had a guest who stayed for 6 nights and left as in a normal situation.  Afterwards though I never received the payment for his stay.  I contacted him and he claims to have paid and send me a printscreen (could be fake I don't know) of his creditcard statement with very limited information.

I contacted the helpdesk of airbnb and they told me they were explaining the situation to my guest. In a second mail the helpdesk contactperson forwarded the mail to a collegue

28 OKTOBER 2019
Airbnb Klantenservice
Airbnb Klantenservice14:58
Hi Sunita,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I've forwarded your inquiry to a member of my team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Joanna
Sunita
Sunita17:27
Hi Joanna,
I would like to understand why I haven't received a payment for mu guest stay. Please explain.
Rgds
Sunita

Till now I still don't know if he paid to air bnb and they are not paying me the funds or if he didn't pay at all.

Is there someone who has had the same experience ? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Sunita16 it's more likely to be an issue with Airbnb not paying you than the guest not paying Airbnb. As soon as a guest books, their credit card is debited - guests cannot 'choose' whether to pay or not. But there have been numerous instances of delays in payments to hosts from Airbnb, so you need to keep onto them and check any future payments.

Thank you Kath for your reply, I received a message from the helpdesk saying my guest didn't pay the full amount and therefore I might not receive all of the funds.  But I didn't receive any funds at all.

"Unfortunately, we have been unable to collect your guest’s full payment for reservation HMAJRSSR9J. We have provided the guest with instructions on how to complete the payment, but we are still waiting for them to resolve the issue. At this time, the guest currently has until Nov 12, 19 to complete the payment due for their reservation.

Unfortunately, if we are unable to collect the guest’s full payment, we may not be able to compensate you in full for this reservation until full amount is recovered."