Less traffic/inquries

Angela46
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Less traffic/inquries

Hello,

I am seeing a major decline in bookings and I have been booked all year back to back. I usually get at least 1 or 2 inquiries or booking per week. Is there something wrong with the site? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

8 Replies 8
Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

Are you lined up with instant booking? I took my IB off temporarily and I could not find my listing. Once I put it back on I was front  and center. May not be your situation, but just saying...

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I did a quick dummy booking for your location and came up with over 300 properties available. You will know the local situation more than I do but maybe a lot of of properties vs not that many guests?

David
Julie289
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi everyone 

this year Is a busy year for sports lovers!

this summer Europe was overbooked because of the soccer (coupe d'Europe) in France,then the olympics games in Brazil and the American football cup in Mexico.

now it is time for travelers to recover from their vacations!

best 

Julie

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

So how does that influence a listing in Redondo Beach CA? 🙂

Beach Volleyball?

David
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Airbnb has really been pushing for new hosts, so in bigger markets (like the LA and OC area) there is a lot more competition.  I'm sure this has an effect on reservations from existing hosts.  New hosts get preferential placement in the search results in order to help them get a few reservations under their belts, so your existing listing may be showing up further and further down the list.

I'm afraid that's happening to me, too. Luckily I have a company renting my place for their employees outside airbnb. Otherwise, I would be empty. Not a single inquiry last month.

Angela46
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Hi! 

I found out that Air BNB has apparently "cut ties" with rental firms in the Los Angeles area. Also, if you do a search on a mobile device under traveling, they are no longer listing "whole house" in the search results for Redondo Beach.