Lost Super host

Jan766
Level 2
Belgium

Lost Super host

--> I am Dutch speaking, I used the google translation for next message.

Thank you,

you don't even seem to realize what is going on in the tourist sector in Thailand.

I have been doing nothing else since joining airbnb in 2016 , with the same dedication and services. I already saw the storm last year, then I drastically reduced my prices.
I really do not go lower, I also have fixed costs. At the end of the year I try to keep something.

But if there are around 30% fewer tourists (see url) I can't change that.
Just punish me  by taking my super host, this will make "it" even better.

This is the url:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111308-phuket-tourism-going-down-the-pan-just-like-pattaya-few-tou... = newsletter-20190712-1305 & utm_medium = email & utm_campaign = news

Let this "punishment" be a trigger for me to look at other providers to rent out.

Regards,

Jan.

1 Reply 1
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Hi Jan!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  

We all worry about losing superhost.  Why would you lose it?  Because you don't have enough bookings or reviews?  Or did you cancel a reservation?

Maybe these things can help:

1) I have come across many people saying that it didn't really matter to their bookings whether they were superhost or not.  No decrease in booking due to losing superhost.

2) There are many other ways you can increase your bookings.  I had a look at your listing.  Your apartments look lovely !  And you are set up for short stays and last minute bookings that's great!  But 

Your photos are dark and even many taken at night.  Professional, bright photos are imperative to getting bookings, even more important than being superhost.  This is even more important, as we face more and more competition.  I myself have a hard time booking a place that shows photos taken at night.

Other tips are frequently updating your listing, so they know you are on top of it and present.  And using the "beta" suggestions and price suggestions Airbnb propose (not all the time but at least try them sometimes).  And of course super rapid response time to inquiries I suppose you already do this.

Good luck!