Misuse of reservation facility

Nicholas26
Level 1
Coogee, Australia

Misuse of reservation facility

Hi guys, I have recently received what I initially thought was a booking enquiry. When I looked closer, I realised it was an apartment cleaning business accessing my site by placing a reservation request with no intention of booking. I feel that this is an abuse of this facility and have declined the booking. What do you think I should do about it? I'm not sure how to access the airbnb head office to notify them of this action. Nick

7 Replies 7
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Nicholas26, you can report the abuse by clicking on the 'flag' icon next to the profile.

Nicky-And-Julian0
Level 5
East Molesey, United Kingdom

And don't decline in future. Accept so you don't get negatives against you. ABB prefer us to accept. No skin off your nose to accept as your calendar isn't blocked for a request.
Also tweet your issue to ABB for a response.

Thanks for the advice.........

Thank you Donna

Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

@Nicholas26

Seriously? You got all worked up about a solicitation by a cleaning company looking to get more clients to the point that you are seeking to contact airbnb head quaters? Chill out, there will be more weird inquiries to worry about it. Don't accept it - click decline within 24 hours. 

@Nicky-And-Julian0 You sound confused about accepting an inquiry and canceling a reservation. There is no correlation between these two. There is no penalty for declining a reservation request. There is a penalty and your calendar gets blocked if you cancel a confirmed reservation. 

@Nicholas26

Ha, have fun while you're at it! Send them a special offer and change the price to an outrageous amount 99,000.- or something.

That'll send the message and will leave you with a naughty joyfulness 🙂

Leonie3
Level 7
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Nicholas, the same happened to me twice. When you decline a guest AirBnB ask you for a reason. State that it is spam and go to their listing and press on "report this guest". Tell them that this "guest"  is using AirBnb to facilitate business.