NON-PAYMENT FROM AIRBNB

Fadi59
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

NON-PAYMENT FROM AIRBNB

Hey everyone,

I have hosted a guest last January for a total of 2726.33 AED (around 742 USD), and I have NOT received the payment until this day.

I have contacted Airbnb support that said they tried to reach the guest with no luck and that they'll bring it up to the collection department more than a month ago, and no news since then.

I tried to open more support cases but they kept closing it, with absolutely ZERO REPLY from Airbnb!

Has any of you experienced the same ? What's the solution ? 

Should I go and post this message on all social media letting everyone know that Airbnb does not support the hosts at all ? What a shame and a disappointment!

Cheers

Fadi

10 Replies 10
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I don't understand how that could actually happen but obviously, unfortunately, it does. I always thought airbnb got the money before booking, then delivers to you after check in. 

Anyways, it's never happened to me and I hope it doesn't. However if it did, I'd let them do their thing until I felt I was being blown off or jerked around. Tell them it's not your problem the guest didn't pay airbnb, after all you're getting  paid by airbnb and not the guest, just pay me. Then I'd post on social media saying the same. If that didn't shame them I'd look into small claims, I think in Dubai it's a tribunal, no lawyer needed. Screenshots of payment due and back and forth with customer support should be enough to file a claim. I doubt airbnb would send someone to represent the company and the threat alone or summary judgement should get you your payment. That said they'll probably delist you out of spite.

Good luck. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Fadi59,

Sorry to hear you've had such a long wait for your payment. I sent you message over to a colleague of mine in our Support Team and they say this has been resolved and should be on it's way to you. Has it arrived with you yet?

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Fadi59
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

@Lizzie wrote:

Hey @Fadi59,

Sorry to hear you've had such a long wait for your payment. I sent you message over to a colleague of mine in our Support Team and they say this has been resolved and should be on it's way to you. Has it arrived with you yet?

Thanks,
Lizzie

Hey Lizzie,

It has been indeed solved, thank you!

For anyone who is facing the same issue I suggest you to reach out to @AirbnbHelp on Twitter, they were very reactive and my issue was solved right after.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Fadi59 . Very glad you have received it. 

Thanks so much for the update. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sharyn-and-Colin0
Level 3
Yarram, Australia

I’m have the exact same issue, I have now two guests I haven’t received any payments from.

i have rung and sent messages with no result as yet.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sharyn-and-Colin0,

Lovely to meet you. 

Can I check how long it has been since check-in? Also, since you contacted our Support Team?

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Julia943
Level 2
South Zeal, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie

I am just going through my first experience of non-payment and it's pretty upsetting. I have had numerous conversations with Airbnb support and I'm getting nowhere. I don't understand how his booking was approved in the first place if the payout wasn't collected by Airbnb at the time of booking.

A subsequent payment requested (by me) for the second guest fee that had been 'avoided' has not been authorised by the guest (surprise surprise) and Airbnb are holding onto the initial payment until it is.

It also turns out the guests phone number 'is not current' - and that was one of my booking specifications... and they are also flouting my house rules by smoking in the property!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Julia

Clint9
Level 1
Fremantle, AU

Julia,

Sorry for your loss. It seems like many Airbnb hosts are experiencing the same problem. Me too!!

i had guests stay Jan 13 for a week and still haven’t been paid by Airbnb. Many messages to them and a few weeks later - still nothing. I’ve blocked my place for future bookings as a result. Very disappointed. 

Clint

Alex6406
Level 2
Kurraba Point, Australia

I have just over a week ago I had the same situation I had guests staying they paid all good but then they asked to extend the stay so I changed the reservation on the AIRBNB site for the extra days and they accepted the reservation change all good.  But then AIRBNB contacted me to say they could not take the payment I thought just a glitch after all this is a big contractor doing for for the Dept of Defence so no worries.  But they still have not got the payment and the guests checked out a day earlier and asked for a refund of the extra day??  Wow on receiving this I reached out to AIRBNB support to get there help and too see what was happening with my payment and they asked me to contact the guest and to tell them there payment hadn't gone through as they had been unsuccessful contacting her themselves??? I thought ok I will do this I will advise that I can not issue a refund as I have not been paid and they should contact AIRBNB. I thought all good so far but after reading the above messages I am not so sure.  Other thing also I have got the usual email asking me to review the guest I am thinking do I give them a review stating they haven't paid and have asked to be refunded for an unpaid day?? Interesting lets see what happens but as far as I am concerned AIRBNB are responsible.

Bob1018
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

Katie, I have just been told by the case manager that the simple process of downloading my new picture should not take 48 hours and has referred to the product dept. I am heading to 10 days without payment and another referral to another dept without payment.!!!! Why is it that the glitch you refer to can not be fixed? Why can one technician not go to my file and fix it?
I ask you to the point of pleading will somebody fix my no payment?
I have new guests arriving in three days and I will be forced to communicate to them the situation and nonpayment of Airbnb of funds previously mentioned. with other arrangements having to be made for payment. I cannot afford to have guests and not get paid?