New Calendar on website

Mary602
Level 2
Los Gatos, CA

New Calendar on website

Just noticed the new calendar on the guest search page. The page shows the guests ALL available dates AND the prices for months. This is not acceptable. Available dates is fine but showing the rates for all the dates is very much a disadvantage to those of us who actively adjust our rates to gain bookings. For example, I lower my rates a week ahead to entice last minute bookers. I do not want offer the lower rate to future guest. The new calendar will jeopardize my ability to gaina higher average $$ for my property over time. Please summit your compalints to Airbnb to eliminate the rate feature on the calendar.

17 Replies 17
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Mary602 ,

In previous days the rates were also displayed, but only when "hoovering" above the dates in the booking form calender. This stopped a while ago. I noticed today the extra calender with availibility and prices displayed in the listing. I think it is a feature which only slows down the displaying listings and has no advantage as compared to the previous situation, as described.

BTW "Last minute discount" is an option in the pricing settings (in most countries, but not all, i learned form community). It does NOT change the displayed prices (as it is just a discount applied when booking)

best regards, Emiel

Great point @Emiel0. There is a pricing tool discount of 25% offered on upcoming dates that have not been booked. The host may select this option to help increase the likelihood of optimizing their book percentage. However, I don’t always see this option on my app. Is it consistently offered as a tool on the desktop? 

Stanja

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mary602yes, as @Emiel1 said it was like this a year before and then ABB has changed it. In fact I loved it bc I could easily compare my prices with other units in the neighbourhood and adjust it if neccessary.

I still can't see prices it at the moment. It is obviously another testing

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Branka-and-Silvia0 and @Mary602 ,

The calender is displayed in the listing, after the review-section. To get an impression for those not (yet) provided with this feature a made a screenshot of one of my listings (not spectacular pricing here, as they are the same for every night. )Airbnb.CL1.jpg

@Emiel1omg ... who's idea was it? 😄 sooo stupid!  nobody scrolls so deep down... you have to have 100% vision to be able to see those tiny prices... and why having calendars on 2 different places on the same page???

If you didn't tell me where it is I would never discover it

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Well I was seeing this new calendar display yesterday. But not today. And as someone else mentioned, the "Highlights" are no longer visible. Those only last a week or so?

They do love to play with things at ABB, don't they?!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Highlights are now gone, but the new calendar is there.

@Letti0 Yeah, I think different areas see different things as they experiment. I wonder if some areas are still seeing the Highlights?

Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

I noticed highlights only show on IE and Firefox now. Not in Chrome, not in the app.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bruna-and-Siana0  Highlights show on my listing today in Chrome.  The whole thing seems really random.

@Mary602  I'm not sure why the calendar pricing visibility is a big issue. If I go to an airline website, there is a calendar that shows pricing for each day and I can scroll back and forth to find the least expensive day. But just because I book that, doesn't mean that the prices won't change on that calendar tomorrow, depending on whether the airline is trying to fill an underbooked flight, or charging more because there's only 2 tickets left on that flight. 

Tomaz5
Level 3
Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Wow. I haven't noticed this one yet! I sure don't like it. Looks odd and is bad for us hosts. 

Martin-and-Ingrid0
Level 4
Oeiras, Portugal

On the .nl site, the co.uk site, the .pt and the .com site still the highlights. On the .nl and .pt site no calender, the other two show a calender.... (in Chrome). Strange....

Ingrid

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

This calendar is confusing... for example Jun 11th and Jun 27th are available but seems like booked just because check in is not possible those two days.

av-cal.png

Super tiny font is ridicolous too.

@Branka-and-Silvia0    Seems like it should say "no check in" on those days, not just look unavailable. That shouldn't be all that difficult for tech to figure out. As for the super tiny font, the people who are designing this stuff are probably in their 20's- they have no problem reading tiny font. 

They try to cram too much stuff onto one page- one of my guests described the website as "too cluttered". The cover photo on our listings could be a bit smaller so they wouldn't have to try to cram all the written info onto half a page. And now that they have "home highlights" at the top, there's even less space for our description. No wonder guests don't bother to read through it.