New Website Layout November 2017

Ryan94
Level 1
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

New Website Layout November 2017

Are any other hosts disappointed with the latest changes on the Airbnb website? Over the last several weeks, I noticed that when I open airbnb.com, it no longer went directly to my hosting menu...and the hosting menu was difficult to navigate to from where I landed. Now the ribbon menus have completely changed (fewer options), the helpful dropdown menu is no longer available, and things that are important to be able to access quickly (like my list of reservations) require at least 3 navigational moves to locate. The problems are endless, and the site is buggy all over the place.  What happened? Did the programmers go rogue?!?

13 Replies 13

I haven't noticed any changes to the host side of the AirBnB web site.

Am I just not observant?

Is it just certain people who see the new look?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's very messy. I'm surprised that many newbies manage to book a room for the noise of the 'experiences' being peddled. 

Totally agree about experiences being pushed at us.

Please remove the full half page ad for things to do on my upcoming trip. It obscures nearly all my hosting mailbox and I can't remove it. Keep it if you think it's useful but allow users to remove it if they dont agree.

R-And-R0
Level 3
New York, NY

yes, quite a nuisance.  why fix things that aren't broken(?).

i've managed to teach myself when i log in to navigate the host menu located at the top right, and there you find what you're looking for.  it takes a bit to get used to it, but once you train your brain, it's okay.  my opinion - they'll probably change it again.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ryan94 I totally agree. I am ABB host for 1,5 year and this webiste was never so terrible and user unfriendly as it is now. 

Where are my reservations? Why I have to make 10 clicks and to zoom out to be able to change min. stay for certain dates in my laptop? Why is every day something different? It is so frustrating!!!

I would make 100 x better design layout in just 3 days by myself ! 

Amen.

I'm a long term user and after the previous redesign I was overjoyed.

This one is obviously a result of the new "management" bringing in changes that don't need to be done.

Being a designer as well I know how these things work so only by us complaining enough will they morph slowly back to where they were. Almost. Money has already been spend on this new design. Can't get it back.

Frances18
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Horrible! full of absurd glitches - currently Im trying to co host a property but it just sends me in an endless loop and i cant find a work around. spent over 3 hours on the phone and was disconnected 3 times and couldnt get back to the person who was working on it. Essentially us hosts are doing the beta testing for airbnb. We should be paid for that. notice also that the new website reduces the control we have over navigation and bookings. Another way airbnb is making it more difficult for hosts to host

David-and-Di0
Level 1
Glen Iris, Australia

The multi-view calendar is a great inovation but the navigating around to find your Inbox and dashboard is cumbersome and difficult. There are too many options and to include me as a traveller and not just as a host, doubles the complexity and areas for confusion. The previous website was much better. The most important view is your Inbox to check for any messages and to check who's coming and when. Next is Reviews and then your statistics and earnings and finally the capacity to edit your listing(s). The new site is far more directed to advertising, self promotion and gratification of Airbnb than to be useful to hosts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Agree with all above comments. Whoever airbnb's programmers are need some refresher courses on how to create a user friendly site.

Every other website I deal with, for instance, has an option to contact them by email by simply giving you a text box to fill out. Works like this with my bank, airlines, etc. Why on earth does airbnb make you go through about 8 steps before you even get there? Why do we need to scroll through and fill out 3 drop down boxes re our issue, only to never have our issue listed, and no box marked "other" before getting an actually text box to write in?

I really don't understand what airbnb has to gain by their convoluted website. Or they're just hiring unqualified programmers.

It's the new "management". This change always opens the door to spending money where it is not warrented (fixing a website that does not need fixing).

Now the money is spent, we have to harass them to bring it back to where it was.

Sad.

Patrick62
Level 1
Washington, DC

HATE the new layout and navigation. Everything is harder to do. I want to snooze my listing. The instructions on Help aren't correct and I can't figure it out by navigating. Nothing is intuitive. Its the worst. 

Anita352
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I also hate the new website.  It is so usser-unfriendly.  Every search requires I log off, clear my cookies and the start again.  The map is also awful.  When I log in, I do not see my options right away as I should.  The search has become so compliated I almost give up.  The meanu upon log in should be simple to navigate.  I hope they are ereading these comments and will improve and simplify it.

Katie1211
Level 2
Suquamish, WA

I too, find the website difficult to navigate. It was much better and more user friendly prior to the most recent update. The changes don't make sense and certainly don't add user value.