New host suggestions

Sri12
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

New host suggestions

Hi guys!

This is my first time hosting and this is the link for my place.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/27876975?guests=1&adults=1

I posted it last night and I already have two lined up for coming weeks. Any advice or things I should know before my first guest.

9 Replies 9
Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Sri12 The listing looks wonderful! I like to make sure to warmly greet each guest in-person and remind them that I'm available at any time via messaging or phone call. I'd check in with them to see how things are going about midway through the stay and remind them of your local recommendations if they haven't checked them out yet. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Also, just a tip, guests all vary by the amount of interaction they prefer. Some will like solitude and be perfectly content coming and going, while other will talk up a storm. Go with the flow 🙂

@Sri12  bonjour, votre réglement interieur ne parle pas de l'entretient et l'usage de votre cuisine " peut-être avez vous une employée de ménage ". pour le nettoyage de tout ce qu'ils utilisent. 

ni des invités qu'ils peuvent faire entrer chez vous. cdlt isabelle 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Anonymous ,

Thanks for commenting! This is the English speaking Community Center so I'm not sure whether your contributions will be understood here. I know you are very familiar with the French speaking community but here's a link to it anyway: Community Center FR

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie merci stéphanie, je connais.CC FR

mais je trouve interressant de voir se qui se passe ailleurs. et une fiche descriptive est identique d'un pays a l'autre. surtout lorsque l'on sait que rbnb s'en sert de référence lorsqu'il y a un litige avec les Guest's. 

c'est le réglement intérieur de la location, inscrit noir sur blanc qui permet au propriétaire de justifier en cas de problèmes.

donc ecrire ce qui est autorisé et ce qui n'est pas autorisé est une information importante pour quelqu'un qui commence sur rbnb.

cordialement isabelle 

Amos18
Level 7
Nairobi, Kenya

Just be yourself Mr. Sri

Anne1325
Level 9
Melbourne, Australia

@Sri12 Beautiful listing! That kitchen and the wood panelling are to die for!

I started hosting about 4 months ago and found that I adjusted my house rules as I went along. I noticed that you don't have many in place at the moment, as I had when I first started. I've now added to them as I learned what I found comfortable/acceptable in my house.

This will differ from host to host obviously but when you are sharing a space with strangers you'll very quickly learn some things are not a given; like how much they'll use your kitchen/washing machine making amenities unavailable to yourself or what time is an acceptable time to head to bed and have some peace and quiet.

Don't be afaid to add as you go along as it has made hosting much more comfortable for me!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sri12   You might find some great information in this Community Center by reading many of the posts related to getting started as a new host.  I have participated for several years and have learned  a great deal.  Another source of information will be your guests.  Many are willing to provide feedback especially to a new host.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Sri12 

I am jealous of your wonderful listing. Your apartment is very functional and easy to care for.

Only suggestion is to make the bed for your photo. 

Have fun