PAYOUT DELAY

Ashley-Malei0
Level 2
Seoul, South Korea

PAYOUT DELAY

Sep 14, 2018

Estimated arrival
Sep 20, 2018

This payout is not coming and it is in the section of "upcoming"; instead of "completed" payouts.

Today is September 21st.  I called the Airbnb from yesterday and they recommend me to call the local bank. The local bank says they have nothing coming to my account.

I ran the airbnb two years ago and this is my first time to encounter this problem.

Can I just wait for a few more days?

Thanks
23 Replies 23

Hi there.

Did air bnb release your payment?

I am waiting for more than a month and a half and I am getting very frustrated.

Marcela473
Level 1
Montevideo, UY

I have a problem regarding a 300 euro payout yet to be released. Air bnb keep closing my cases and saying that they are not in charge of this kind of issue. For more than a month I have been waiting for the payout and for a simple call or message, but what I got today was a lady saing "you will get paid depending on your payment method." Im sorry? I hosted, and I want to get paid. 

Airbnb Support
9:57 PM
HI Marcela,

I am making follow up again regarding your payout that you still have not received. I will keep you posted.

Regards,
R.

Marcela
10:30 PM
When it will come?

Airbnb Support
9:03 PM
Hello Marcela,

Apologies but it shows that our technical team are still working on the issue.

I would like to let you know that my shift for today is about to end and I will be out in the office for the next 2 days for my work off. I will not be able to read my messages and emails until I come back.

If you need prompt help, please feel free to call Airbnb. I will leave proper note into your account so that whoever you may speak with can continue to support you where I left off. I will reach out to you for follow-up as soon as I get back in the office.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

R

Rachel1522
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

I am dealing with the same issue. I have contacted support and continue to get generic responses. They said that they escalated my case on 2/21/20, and that I should expect payout to my bank within 5-7 business days. More than 6 business days have passed and the payout is still in the "pending" category. The responses from support have been less than satisfactory.

Sonya122
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I have a pending payment in the Upcoming Payouts section with a payout date of September 4th and today is September 14th!  Where is the money??

Airbnb has made an error with an invoice which was never paid out to me but in their records for some very odd reason it says a minus amount and they have to claw back payment. I cannot understand how airbnb can make such an accounting mistake. I'm sure they can very easily check all the money paid out and resolve it. And it was only yesterday when I raised the fact they didn't make a payout for the last guest that stayed they said there was a unresolved issue and they are clawing back payment. It all seems very strange and I have asked them to resolve it immediately but no one has even gotten back to me. Can anyone help and tell me who I can complain to about this? 

@Lochana1  It's possible that they gave a past guest a refund you weren't aware of and that's what they are clawing back.

Unfortunately, you have to go through the clueless CS reps, but if they can't understand the issue, or tell you what reservation they are clawing back money for, you can ask that it please be escalated to a supervisor or someone else who can get to the bottom of it.

And it's fairly pointless to ask them to resolve it immediately. You just have to be patient, because it takes CS ridiculous lengths of time to effectively address anything these days.

The guest was booked to come in June and he cancelled and rebooked for end of May. When that rebooking happened airbnb messed up the amounts but then the guest cancelled again and never came. So I was never paid out. 

I have only been a host since May 1 so they airbnb doesn't even have many transactions to look through. I haven't even been paid the amount that they are trying to claw back. I am not impressed. 

You are right, the CS has no clue. But I have told them if I don't get paid as I should on time I'm pulling out and cancelling all the guests. What's the point of doing this if I don't get paid out because airbnb accounting can't do their job. 

@Lochana1  I think most of these kinds of issues do eventually get sorted out, but not without a lot of frustration for the host and a lengthy wait. 

Threatening them with pulling out won't accomplish much, because they really don't seem to care if they lose hosts. There are always new, starry eyed hosts signing up to take your place. 

Have you been communicating with CS by phone? If so, I would move it to their messaging. 

Lay it out really clearly, in chronological order in bullet point form, not paragraphs :

Guest Xx booked on May X for check in June X.

He changed that booking to check in  May X. 

On May X he cancelled the booking entirely.

I was never paid for this booking.

Now I am being told my current payment isn't being sent because of a refund owing this guest who I was never paid out for in the first place.

And so on. 

Thank you so much Sarah. I will do that x