Parking permit pass not returned

Rob-And-Nikki0
Level 1
Colorado, United States

Parking permit pass not returned

I just wonder if there is a way to charge a fee if the guest permit parking pass is not returned and left in the home.  I only have one and I'm afraid guests will forget them in their cars.

Appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Nikki

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Is there a cost for replacing the lost parking pass and do you charge a deposit?

If you know the cost and have a damage deposit, I would put in your description about parking that there is a $$$ charge for having to replace a missing parking pass.  If someone does lose the parking pass, you will have to provide a proof of the replacement cost to Airbnb as part of your claim.

For example:

"Parking Permit is required in most areas. Will provide one guest parking permit ($40 replacement fee if lost). Free parking in front of the house and in other areas without permit (see parking map provided upon checkin). Be sure to read all parking signs to avoid $80 ticket."

Cheers

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Hi Nikki, the easiest way to control this is to take security when you meet the guest.  In exchange for the parking pass, ask for some valid ID card to hold onto and give them a receipt.  You are pretty much assured of getting it back.  You can also ask for a security bond, like 50 dollars in exchange for it, refunded in full on return of the pass.  You can try and make a claim using the airbnb bond system if they loose it but if the guest refuses to pay when the airbnb request comes through there is little you can do to get compensation.  Please like if that was helpful.

Vicky0
Level 4
Norwich, United Kingdom

I have this same issue as I also have a permit. Only one guest forgot to return it and they eventually posted it back after a week. I considered asking for a cash deposit but I'm not always there when they check in and out.

so I have it in my house rules that if guests forget to return it I will need to claim on their deposit unless they post it back. Have a look at the listing for my room and you can see the wording. I also put a sign on the back of the guest room door with checkout times and reminding them to return the pass. I also have a little note next to my front door handle reminding them as well.

Kim158
Level 1
Saint Kilda, Australia

Hi there, I've just had my parking permit disappear. The guest was otherwise lovely, and is sure she put in in the letterbox with the keys when she left. So it's just 'she said, she said'.  It cost $110. I've been in constant contact with the guest, and have checked the rubbish, recycle etc. It really just isn't anywhere!

I'm thinking this  coveredshould be covered by insurance?

Thanks,

Kim

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Kim

You would need to look at the terms of your insurance to see whether it would be covered but I wouldn't imagine so.

Make it a condition of your stay that keys and the pass is handed back personally to you or whoever you have who manages your property - in this way you get both items back personally and can give the place the once over to ensure now obvious damages/missing items before the guest leaves.