Payout After Guest Cancellation

Hector48
Level 1
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

Payout After Guest Cancellation

Guest cancelled the reservation 1 days before checkin and I have Strict Cancellation Policy. No refund should proceed. Stay was for February 3-7 and still I have not received the payout. It shows in the Future Transactions Page but Airbnb does not deposit and today is 2/10/17. Does someone knows what may be going on? 

9 Replies 9
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Best to contact them.

David
Brinda1
Level 1
Redondo Beach, CA

I had a cancellation this morning for 2 days from now. I accepted in the cancellation catagory. I have a moderate cancell policy.  Turned out I sent them 127.00 right out of my bank account.  right away almost.  I am going to pay them to not stay here.  Called airbnb.  They will refund me 50.00 said sorry.   Rethinking Airbnb.  Brinda

What is the number to contact them. I had this same issue

Toni30
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I have had the same experience. Guests cancelled one day before arrival on Feb. 16 and as of today, Mar 4 we have not received payment. I am going to call a number I have for airbnb as they have not answered this in any of their question areas.

Lynn66
Level 2
Washington, DC

I have the same problem and I do not know what to do.  I have a strict cancellation policy and I was told by Airbnb that they would pay ou $97 of a $257 rental fee.  I have not been paid and there is not number to call to review this rental.  Please advise

Lynn

Mark853
Level 2
Atlantic City, NJ

I had the very same problem:  Seems they have this written policy but do not adhere to it:

Cancellation payouts
After the guest cancels, any payout you’re owed will be released to you. If you’ve hosted before, the payout will be released upon cancellation. If you’ve never hosted before and this is one of your first reservations, we may hold the payout for release until 30 days after the reservation was confirmed.

I am very concerned because I am just starting to host, and do not want to do business with a company that is not going to be truthful.  Here is the explination I receive when I questioned it:

Hi appreciate your response. However, I already consulted my colleague from a higher department and I was told that even though the cancellation takes place, the payout will still be released after the guest check-in date. As much as I would like to release it for you, I don't have an option on my end. 

This really opened my eyes.

I have the same problem.  Although the policy clearly says that you will be paid upon cancellation they say they have another policy that states something different and are choosing to use this other mystery policy.  

Here is the link and verbiage that Airbnb chooses not to follow:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/43/what-happens-if-my-guest-cancels

What happens if my guest cancels?

If your guest cancels their reservation, we’ll notify you and automatically unblock the dates on your calendar so that you can host other guests. 

Cancellation payouts
After the guest cancels, any payout you’re owed will be released to you. If you’ve hosted before, the payout will be released upon cancellation. If you’ve never hosted before and this is one of your first reservations, we may hold the payout for release until 30 days after the reservation was confirmed. Read more about payouts

My guests have just sent me an sms message telling me they’re cancelling  within one hour of the time they said they would be arriving but nothing has changed on Airbnb, is this normal? Should Airbnb not have informed me ?Can anyone help.? It’s my very first booking. What’s the best cancellation policy for me to choose in order to protect the income which I thought I was going to receive within 24 hours?

does anyone have any ideas please?

Toni30
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

We had a Firm cancellation policy that required significant advance notice or (14 days)  and Abnb notified us and we were sent money minus cleaning and service fees. You can also sign for moderate cancellation policy which as abnb plus hosts  you have to agree to.  Be sure your hosting details include that and contact the help  section to verify your agreement on this. We have had only two such cancellations and we did get remuneration.