Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

Mary866
Level 3
Milwaukee, WI

Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

I'm calling it a delay but it's been four days since my last guest checked in and I have received no payment from Airbnb and still no email indicating that a payout was sent.  This is very unusual because Airbnb always has notified me at the end of  Day 1 after check-in to let me know that a payment has been sent.  I checked my transactions page and the reservation was oddly missing.  It was not in the completed payments column nor in the upcoming payments column.  There is no 'pending column' where I hope my transaction is hiding. I called Airbnb customer service on Day 2 after check-in to see if there was some kind of problem or hold on the payout and the representative told me that there was no problem, that the payment was supposed to be sent but for some unexplainable reason, wasn't.  She advised me to wait a couple of days to see if anything happens.  I've been monitoring my deposit account daily to see if there has been any deposits from Airbnb - there are none. And still no email from Airbnb even after my guests have checked out.  

I'm fortunate that my bookings have picked up again after the devastating cancellations in March thru June, none of which qualified for relief funds.  Now I'm becoming concerned that Airbnb may be having financial troubles, as predicted early in the Coronavirus outbrea, and can't pay make the prompt payments that we rely on.  After absorbing nearly $10,000 in lost bookings this Spring, I really depend on those timely payments for my damage control plan.  An interesting note:  I did online searches for 'Airbnb financial trouble' and found many articles from March and April, but none, yes none, that are more recent than early June.  

Have any other hosts experienced this delay, or non-payment?  I'd appreciate your feedback.

117 Replies 117

@Matt-And-Ashley1 Perfectly stated!

Nancy
Anthony1148
Level 3
Carlsbad, CA

I finally received a payment release email. This is 5 days after guest check in & countless hours on the phone with Airbnb. The payment is still not showing on my Progress (disappeared). I will update once I receive the payment 

I have the same problem too (first time). Guests have checked out 3 days ago and I have not received a reply from Airbnb CS yet!

Finally I got some payments coming.Got an email for some missing payouts and will wait to see them in my bank account.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great to hear, thank you for the update Maya. I hope this is all sorted now and sorry for the delay you experienced.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Mary866@Karen1332@Brandon473@Jon2761@Christine2663@Lisa1889@Calvin101@Anthony1148 , @Alexandra316@Matt-And-Ashley1@Sarah977@Cathie19@Danielle476@Sally10@Tim-and-David0@Debra300@Stephanie365@Lisa2052@Mary866@Roman149@Colleen253@Brian1784@Maya415@John4855@Cheryl657

For those of you I haven't met before, lovely to meet you, my name is Lizzie and I am a Community Manager here.

Thank you so much for highlighting the problem with your payment(s) showing in your Transaction History (for payouts July 18-20th, timezones might differ slightly). The Payments team identified the issue and I'm pleased to say it is now fixed. If you visit your Transaction History page you should now see the payment rescheduled and it will be on its way to you shortly.

We are really sorry for the concern this has caused and the delay. I really hope this helps to provide more information, do let me know how you get on.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you very much. Joel helped me yesterday and I got both payments so all is good. Glad that it is resolved!

Thank you,

Cheryl 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Cheryl657, so pleased to hear it. 

--------------------

Hi Lizzie - we have payments owing to us dating back to 2019.  We are not getting anywhere with the help desk so hopefully by reaching out to you, you might be able to escalate this.  It is over $6000 now that we are yet to receive and we wont be able to accept anymore bookings until we get paid.  Hope you can help..?

@Lizzie  That's great for all the hosts whose payments were due on those dates. But what about all the hosts who say they have back payments that have been owing for months?  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Sarah977, so I think this update covers quite a lot of the hosts reporting issues for the timeframe mentioned, but we are also highlighting the others which have been mentioned and are looking into this further. I don't have an update on this at the moment, but will share when I do. (I'm still on the case... 🙂 )

If you spot anyone who mention about the transaction history payment, would you mind highlighting the update please? 

Thanks so much. 

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzienow is 18:15 hs EST on July 23, 2020: missing payment does NOT appear on my Transaction List.

You wrote, above, that issue was resolved:  That is not true. 

A more professional behavior in dealing with members/issues of this community is essential to restoring LOST TRUST.

Please advise, Thank you.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Roman149,

I'm sorry you are still waiting for your payment. As you can see there have been a few different payment relating reports here and the update I shared actually helped to resolve the majority of them. Which is good news.

There are still a few others that I'm trying to get more updates on / movement on see if we can get to the bottom of them (as I mention to Sarah above). Several hosts who weren't experiencing the issue I updated on, have now responded saying their payment is on it's way–so things are going in the right direction. 

I am trying to keep everyone updated as much as possible and I am really sorry you are experiencing this. 

Keep me updated if you can. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

@LizziePlease, to the point:   What are you telling me? As of now, I have not received any AirBnB payment for a confirmed reservation July 9 to 22.  

.- What is the difficulty in resolving?

.- Why NOBODY from Support ever contacted me in spite of my many calls and messages?

.- Why do you give me the Merry-go-round?

.- Why do you allow TRUST to be destroyed?  How many Hosts will be willing to take AirBnB credit risk (and Guests for that matter) as it permeates through the market that this Company is cheating Hosts out of their money?

Please advise soonest.