Pets in My Home

Sue261
Level 1
Discovery Bay, CA

Pets in My Home

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about creating an all inclusive daytime experience focusing on jewelry making and painting.   I have two small Chihuahuas who bark and get quite loud when someone comes to the door.  After a short time they settle down and accept whoever comes in, but they can be quite noisy at first!  In your opinion, would I still be able to host guests?  I can explain the situation up front so if someone is not an animal lover they could choose not to come to my home.  At least they have the choice and know ahead of time what to expect.  What do you think?  I would really like to do this and that is my only reservation.  Looking forward to hearing any responses or ideas!  I love Airbnb!!

Sue

3 Replies 3
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

You remind me of Erlein, my aunt's neighbor.

She had 10 chihuahuas - including the smallest one she kept in her bosom.

God they would yap when you came. Extremely annoying.

But we enjoyed visiting Erlein and the dogs were cute and we knew they would quiet down.

So the answer is yes. You can host.

Just give guests a head's up.  It'll take a little marketing and humor to minimize

"Exhuburent animals, best if deaf"

"Their greeting compensates for their size..."

This is Airbnb. You want to atttract guests who are not bothered terribly by your little terrors.

Good luck

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

@Sue261  if you love it...do it.  i think it might be a good idea to have some kind of phase-in vision about the kind of host you're going to be and the kind of hosting you're going to supply.  after that its all adjustment on the basis of common sense.  if you think you'd like inspiration re your vision, the following contributors were inspiring when i started using the website and before i began hosting.  you can find the thread here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Recommend-Community-Helpers-for-New-Hosts-in-particular/m-p...

also you could search 'pet' or anything of interest to you.

my own policy is that pets are not permitted here and although i have a number of small animals including kittens, they are not premitted inside the house in consideration of those who are allergic and also dislike or are annoyed by cats, even if they like them.

🙂

Em

Hukawai Lodge

Franz Josef, NZ

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/15418840

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sue261

find cesar milan videos on youtube about this problem I am sure it is fixable with a little training