Pricing on my listing differs from my settings

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

Pricing on my listing differs from my settings

Hi Fellow Hosts

I am hoping that the experienced hosts here can shed some light on why the advertised price quoted on my listing differs from the price I have set as my base price.  I have switched smart pricing off and charge slightly more for weekends but the price that is reflected on my listing is R5 short of the price I set.  Now this is a small amount of money but it is still annoying that I do not have control over how my listing is advertised.  

I have just gone into my calendar and set prices for the next year as I have started to get some far in advance bookings and I don't want to be caught short when summer comes around again. How can I be sure that Airbnb won't mess with these rates and do I need to keep checking that they haven't changed?

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Daphne70 you probably have some date with the price Airbnb advertises, it can only be one day in the year but Airbnb will advertise the lowest price you offer. But that price doesn't mean that when guests book they will get that price. When they select the dates they meed they will get the price you have set up for those dates and not the one Airbnb advertises. 

Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

@Ana1136  thank you so much, I've learnt something very valuable.  There was one date that I had missed updating. All is now resolved. Wonderful to have the collective experience of other hosts to draw on.