Private feedback is useless but misleading!

Xiaolin0
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Private feedback is useless but misleading!

Hi all,

I don't think the private feedback is useful, but very very misleading!

More than one of my guests have written their reviews in private feedback as they totally misunderstood!

And after which they are unable to add or eddit the reviews anymore!

Please Airbnb improve the product like to give BIG NOTICE about it or remove the private feedback area insdead of noticing the guest to send message to the host!

I am so angry about it!

Regards

5 Replies 5
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Xiaolin0

We are only hosts on this Community. 

But this problem is something that can be worked around easily.

What I do when a guest leaves a lovely comment under private feedback that should have been public"

I copy/paste it as public response: "From X's private feedback: "................."

The same with great reviews left in a foreign language. Google translate and in the public response.

Thanks for your replying but sometimes it doesn't work at all! Once the guest only write the private feedback but write nothing in the public place, then I have no chance to reply it since it dosent't show anything about that person on the review page!

So is there anyway I could talk to the stupid airbnb operator or developper?

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

hello @Xiaolin0 this happens to me sometimes too,

but as @Andrea9 said it's easy to reply to the guest comment by publishing more information (such as the private part of the guest comment)

Thanks for your replying but sometimes it doesn't work at all! Once the guest only write the private feedback but write nothing in the public place, then I have no chance to reply it since it dosent't show anything about that person on the review page!