Problem Resolution....You show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Problem Resolution....You show me yours and I'll show you mine!

We are seeing so many posts from users complaining about lack of adequate support from the company and from my time here I would consider the CC the best resource the company has for solving problems. I have lost track of the number of ‘How do I do this, or that’ posts!

I am sure we as a group could alleviate much of the Customer Support workload if only we had the resources to do it.

My suggestion would be the company allow a sanitised account exchange between users!

If user A has an issue or a problem with their hosting they don’t understand and user B makes contact through the CC, A could grant a temporary password giving B access to A’s Listing Details, Booking Settings, Availability, Pricing, Local Laws, Co-Hosts.

User B would not have the ability to make alterations but by browsing user A’s settings make recommendations that A could adopt to sort out their problem. It could be linked to a ‘chat box’ on the bottom of the page!

This would be a ‘cut-down’ version of what CX currently users so it’s not new technology and this would surely streamline much of the problem resolution process in a number of ways.

1/….. User A could discuss their issues in the language of their choice rather than have to interpret a meaning from someone whose mother tongue may be a different Language. This is one of the major issues with support….understanding each other!

2/….. User A actually gets to understand the whole listing process much better because they have to make the adjustments and do it themselves rather than just have it done for them.

3/……Multiple issues could be dealt with at the one time.

Obviously it is not all as simple as that but my feeling is, it would be a positive step in making this platform run better. So many customer support issues do not go well because of time constraints, under qualified staff, language differences and aggresive behaviours.

What do others think?

Cheers......Rob

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robin4

if the person B would be paid I am in 😄 😄 😄

Seriously, I think this is great idea.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Branka, it is nothing more than what we are doing now except that we are trying to do it blindfolded. 

You can mount the argument the existing system is ok , all A has to do is post screenshots, but that doesn't work because of the 'kneebone is connected to the thighbone' syndrome!

When I worked in support 18 months ago we had access to certain customers booking information. We could access individual reservation details and certain aspects of a customers account. That is why, although only users and not company employees, as a group we were able to satisfactorily resolve an average of 94% of inquiries!

It has been proven that the rapid growth of Airbnb over the past 5 years have seen big holes appear in the effectiveness of customer support and if I had anything to do with the running of the company I would take on board anything that could help in the problem/conflict  area of running my business!

It's bleedin' obvious when you come to think of it!

Cheers.......Rob