Published Reviews Not in Chronilogical order

Mike298
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

Published Reviews Not in Chronilogical order

We are Super Hosts in Claremont Cape Town with 2 units on our property - 2 person self catering - "Comfy Cosy Garden Cottage  in Claremont " &  " Modern Get Up & Go Garden Pad in Claremont " for 1 traveller / business person.  in our 1st year we have had 82 excellent reviews which we believe is the life blood of our business where our guests have  literally come from all parts of the world.

Our big concern is that our reviews ( 100% ) participation are now all jumbled up !!! we have developed our skills over the last year and our reviews are much better now than in the beginning, BUT , when potential guests search our website the first review is April '17 then skips to Jan'17,Oct'16,Aug'16, Page 2 is July'16,June'16,April'16,Mar'16 Page 3 April'17,Mar'17,Feb'17,jan'17 .!! Our guests who have written their reviews in their own language - French,Portugues,Spanish,Mandarin,Japanese,Greek  & Dutch are all at the VERY END of our review list which people Do Not Go To Read! This jumbled review format does not show that we have been full all the time ! Nor gives the current seasonal trend - We want our reviews shown in chronological order ie.the last guest to leave is at the number one place on Page 1 of our reviews.

Can anybody help or pass this concern on to the IT dept. of Airbnb as this problen needs urgent attention,

kind regard,

Mike Meyer 

52 Replies 52
Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Yes, exactly.

Reviews are completely randomized and it is not something related to the language. I don´t like it either and besides not being helpful for hosts, I don´t think is helpful for guest.

If you want to choose a restaurant for dinner, you would like to read the last comments it got first. It isn't helpful to read at the very top the comment of someone that ate there 3 years ago. I believe the same applies to our business. The last reviews we got are the most representative of our place and service, no matter if they are good or bad, they need to be in order. If not, then all the effort we might put into please our next guest will be pointless if his review won´t be easy to find later.

Di15
Level 1
New Zealand

Hi

I would like to add my support to the concept of guest's reviews showing on our hosting sites in chronological order. We are all learning how to host and mistakes with guests along the way sometimes show in their reviews. I have a negative review that is stuck at the top of my guests' reviews on my hosting sight. Is it because it uses different phrases that it has been picked up by the system and is left there? There also doesn't seem to be any logic in the order of the reviews that are showed.

Airbnb, showing guests' reviews in chronological order as the guests come through is a fairer way to show their reviews.

Regards

Di Davies

Hokitika NZ

Marika12
Level 2
Venice, Italy

I had more or less the same proble. Airbnb hasn't updated the reviews of my property. They don't show up.

It's really frustrating!

How can we solve this??

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Voice on Facebook....thats the only way to ever get a response

Thank you

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Mike298 @Amy38 @Marika12 @Di15 @Florencia0 @Clare

I posted this in Host Voice about a week ago:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Put-Reviews-back-in-chronological-order-to-reflect-li... 

Please add your thumbs up to it because that and the comments there adds weight to show those employees monitoring the suggestions that it's popular. 

While looking for a brand new review that is from this week I found it on page 3 or 4 of my 29 pages, and it looked like it was there due to it being from Russia (letter R) and the review following was from Switzerland (letter S).

Crazy logic... but it takes all kinds...

@Andrea9 Did as directed, am in complete agreement.  But how do you get to HostVoice without a link...couldnt find it.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Amy38

In my post above your's is the link.

Otherwise in the dashboard at top on this page hover over Discuss, and you'll see Host Voice in the drop-down menu

Thanks Andrea...just stupid to find the whole list of posts. @Andrea9

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Amy38

Well, they are all the reactions to the post, and from what I have been told the amount of reactions is also a sign to the monitors that there is enough interest from the community. So for Airbnb less posts mean less interest for the topic from hosts,

Twenty likes on any subject in the other discussion rooms will get the powers that be to look at the subject, I know, but this room should be more direct. Thanks

Sarah225
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Reviews by guests ought to be in chronological order, showing the most recent first, because: 

1. Potential guests expect and need to know, easily, the latest up-to-date information about any Listing. 
  2. It is reasonable to assume that potential guests expect the most recent review to be at the top of the list.  Hosts do too.

The present order of reviews by guests is confusing, unhelpful and could be somewhat misleading to both guests and hosts because:

1. It does not demonstrate continuity of occupancy.
  2. It can seem as though some reviews are missing.
  3. It is seasonally muddled as reviews that mention winter activities such as cosy wood-burning stove and underfloor heating, are next to and between those that mention summer activities such as sitting outdoors among flowers on the garden terrace having breakfast in sunshine.  It seems peculiar.
  4. It makes it difficult for both hosts and departed guests to look up reviews with ease.
  5. It exhibits muddle and confusion to potential guests, as they don't know Airbnb's explanation for the order of the reviews. 
  6. It could also be misleading to potential guests. My most recent review is on page 6 of reviews in position 39 out of 86.  Instead, it ought to be on the first page, in first place.  

Airbnb have sensibly been pragmatic about a great deal but this seems to be change of change’s sake rather than something designed to make things easier.  Instead it makes things more difficult, and I’m sure that is not Airbnb’s aim! 

I appreciate that finding new ways of presenting information is worth experimenting with, however, now that Airbnb has tried a geographical order, and found that it confuses and annoys both guests and hosts, Airbnb could again choose pragmatism by recognising that feedback indicates that a chronological order of reviews of hosts is best.

Mike298
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Sarah, 

you echo our sentiments entirely, I first raised this issue on 5 th April 2017 and it appears that many Airbnb hosts around the world who are striving to improve their professionalism and maintain their Super Host status - like us, are feeling very frustated ! I must ask the question is this forum where we raise reasonably concerns is looked at and read ??? The business pyranid should be turned upside down, if it was not for the dedication and support of Airbnb hosts this corporation would not be the success it is today which we all love and enjoy! SO PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY TAKE OUR CONCERNS TO THE DECISION POLICY MAKERS - remember "LIttle bricks (hosts )  makes big ( Airbnb Corp) houses" ,I sincerely  hope that we can generate some action , give us your (host) comments,

kind regards,

Mike Meyer

Cape Town 

Sarah225
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I think perhaps one way to get in touch with Airbnb is to DM (Direct Message) them on Twitter.
It produces a response, though I can't tell whether comments are passed on to those who make decisions.

Cindy154
Level 2
Perth, Australia

I insist Airbnb to put our reviews back in Chronological order too!!!!! I had many good and long reviews in April and they are now all on the middle pages which is not fair at all!!! It now seems like i only had 1 reservation in April and none for May as my May reviews are also at the bottom!

Cindy