Resolution Adjustment Without My Consent

Desiree0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Resolution Adjustment Without My Consent

Hello,

Hope everyone is well.

Just want to ask if this has ever happened to anyone.. So on my last payout there was a $100 deducted for resolution adjustment that I have never made. The representative explained that it was because a guest cancelled  within 48 hours of booking so he gets full refund. Which is weird because I have never received this guest confirmation or cancellation notification and the basic Airbnb rule is we get paid 24 hours after guest check in. So how do I give refund of money I have not received. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you, look forward to your inputs.

4 Replies 4
Desiree0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Hello again,

Please ignore the earlier message.

I found the problem, it was a cancellation from a different property with a different bank account and the resolution adjustment was deducted from the wrong bank account..

Thank you for your kind attention.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Desiree0

Gee, I am glad you cleared that one up, I was seriously worried there for a while.

Its bad enough that we now have to pay Airbnb to get a prominent search placement, the thought of having a fine for a reservation that never was, made my blood run cold!!!

I am glad you sorted it out Desiree. You should keep this link handy for the future....

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reserv...

Cheers.....Rob

I didn’t know we have to pay for placement.. Can you share the link please.

So my payout was deducted on Feb 24 but the actual payment was paid on Feb 28. But all worked out now..

Magdalena249
Level 1
Lubusz Voivodeship, Poland

Hi, this time I experienced a resolution as a result of which I was deducted 550 PLN from my recent payout. As I was trying to explain on the basis of my bank statements that  I was never paid to my account the amount charged i.e. a deposit I required from my guest in July 2020.

The deduction was not supported by any bank documents that would convince me or rather airbnb that such a transfer was actually made, only I was shown some history of transactions never sufficiently backed by a bank statement.

The resolution referred my December guests, paid in Jan. 2021.

I am really disappointed with the lack of facts provided by airbnb  and lack of trust towards the  evidence of the host.  I was trying to send a scan, yet no e-mail address was provided in spite of my request to do so) The chat I was having was the only professional support offered.

Magdalena