Retaliatory review. Waiting on a case manager .

Coldo0
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Retaliatory review. Waiting on a case manager .

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.34.49 PM.png

12 Replies 12
TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

@Coldo0 I know this is an upsetting situation and I am so sorry but I cannot help but laugh. This guest's level of entitlement and total disregard is honestly incredible! I'm flabbergasted.

whathappened.png

@TracieandJason0 i know right ?

Thanks for the picture i feel like that right now !

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Coldo0

this guest should be hired as a spokesperson on behalf of all hosts. Yes, read the rules and stick to them! And be ready that we will stick by them!

“I feel like I should not have to read the rules”??? (we need to take that part out of his script though)

I know this is not funny to you at all, but this might be the funniest most ridiculous thing I have read today

Coldo0
Level 3
San Diego, CA

@Inna22 i'm right there with you on the ridiculous part,i can't believe his level of entitlement!

And that airbnb are not seing that as retaliatory review. 

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Coldo0, I’m sure they will eliminate this stupidity! But that is really something! May be you can laugh a bit in your answer? Saying: darling, reading is sexy:) and respecting the rules is the base of human society. Try to say the same to the policeman about rules and you will be surprised:) 

The bad thing here is not his words but rating...

@Yulianna0 Thanks for your feedback!

His rating droped my listing ,and Airbnb send me an email saying my listing will be suspended if my rates are that low .

How come @Airbnb can turn a blind eye on this clearly retaliatory review>

@Coldo0, try to contact them again. I’m sure that there are people en CS that can help you and eliminate such dishonest and ridiculous review. And don’t take too close the automatic message from the system. 

Coldo0
Level 3
San Diego, CA

@Yulianna0

Thanks for you support!

really appreciate!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Coldo0 you have 9 listings so I'm surprised this is the first you've realized that ABB review system has it's problems. And of course any whole house listing that has a NYE booking must be given special oversight. But hopefully (even if ABB doesnt remove this nonsense) you've learned a couple things

1. Guests DONT READ!! The time to convince them of the seriousness of the rules is IMMEDIATELY after booking. It is no good to try to enforce rules after they arrive bc then they get to review.

2. This guest review looks like the entitled jerk he is, so if ABB doesn't remove, then just use your SHORT response to highlight that yes, you have standards and yes, of course, you expect all ABB guests to follow them. 

With enough future reviews this silliness will get buried. Good luck!

@Kelly149 thanks for your feedback.

I'm aware of Airbnb shortcomings,but that is beyond my logical comprehension.

Its so clear that this guest is retaliating, that i was surprised when the first case manager denied to remove this non sense.

I'm waiting on a new case manager to review all the information i provided .

Also Airbnb contacted him amd made him pay for the extra guests, clearly he didn't like that!

Just by his comments about  the house rules "i feel like i should not have to" do you belive if i send it the houle rules  when the booking was confirmed would have made any difference on the outcome?

I think he knew what he was doing!!!

@Coldo0 I have booked as a guest and this guest is right that you can make it thru the entire booking process without seeing the rules.

I think you would have a better leg to stand on if you had sent some sort of message (btw, ABB puts both your house rules and the house manual in the Saved Messages area).

Also, a message something like: 

We have you booked for 4 people for 5 days with one vehicle. Checkin at 3p, Checkout at 11a. Please let us know if you have any questions or any needed adjustments. Look forward to seeing you then. Regards

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I will be very surprised if airbnb removes the review.  They don't even move reviews that are accompanied by threats of extortion most of the time.  But, keep us posted.

I have to wonder how such a guest managed to get all of those glowing reviews, if he is proud of the fact that he doesn't read or abide by the host rules and appears clueless that I think? most listings mandate that there are no extra guests and that vistors are either not allowed or must be approved in advance.