Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Review

Sandra287
Level 1
Miami, FL

Review

Hi,

I had a guest who rented my house in Santa Marta, Varadero from Apr 17th to Apr 18h (Jean-Luc). He went to Havana first and from there he tried to call me to confirm the reservation. I have a US phone number and he tried to call from a Cuban fixed line which is impossible because Cuban fixed line dont make international calls. Instead of using his foreigh phone, he dropped 2 digits in my phone number ( US numbers have 10 digits while cubans have 😎 and assumed my phone was Cuban (my profile has the +1 area code for US). A person responded and told him that he was not on Airbnb. The housekeeper was waiting for him the whole day and he did not show up because that person had told him over the phone it was a wrong number. He assumed it was a scam and gave me a very negative review. I would like to challege the review that is affecting me. My sales have dropped considerably.

Please help.

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

Wow, very unfortunate circumstances. Generally it is very difficult to remove a review unless it violates one of Airbnb's content policies, which can be found here: https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy

Though, you can contact Airbnb and explain the situation. You'll probably need to prove that it is the guests fault, so show evidence of trying to reach out to the guest on Airbnb on why the guest hasn't arrived yet. 

I haven't been able to find the review on your profile, but you should also reply to it and explain the situation there. 

Good luck!