Reviews.

Paul913
Level 2
Málaga, Spain

Reviews.

Can anyone tell me if and how guests from a private source and paid in cash, can post a review on Airbnb, as they wish to. They came to me through Aibnb but were declined for payment reasons. 

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul913 I hope you are well!

The only way guests can review an Airbnb property and have the review posted on the listings page is if they have booked and stayed in it through the Airbnb platform.

Best wishes,

Other Paul 🙂

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Paul913 

It is not possible for a guest to write a review if he/she didn't book through airbnb. 

If that was the case I could ask all of my friends/family to write and post glorious reviews on my profile. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Hahaha @Sandra856, yes indeed, wouldn't that be wonderful! Gosh, everyone would suddenly be Superhosts, wouldn't they?

@Paul913, a word of advice, if a guest was declined for payment reasons, I would not be accepting them outside the system for a cash payment. Not only does it go against Airbnb policy (and can get you kicked off the platform), you are also inviting trouble for yourself.

Thank you for your reply, Kath, although it doesn't answer my question. I take your points on board, totally, although I did interview the renters before renting for an upfront cash payment. A Canadian pilot with his Montenegran girlfriend who had a credit card problem. I can't explain why Airbnb could'nt allow them. They were wonderful respective guests. Cheers.

Regards 

Paul L.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paul913

Paul this simply does not make sense. The running of the platform is automated and each booking request has to meet certain criteria for the stay to take place and the review system to be triggered. 

The only way that I can see that this happened is, they paid with a credit card or through paypal, the booking was confirmed and their payment was susequently rejected by the bank on the day of the stay. The guest was aware of this and told you their payment had been rejected and did a deal with you....we have all done it at some time or other Paul!

Because all this happened on the day of the stay the automated system presumed that the stay had taken place and offered the guest the opportunity to leave a review.

Were you also offered the opportunity to review the guest Paul?

I too have had the opportuinity to review guests who did not stay and they me but the only time it happens is if the stay is cancelled on the scheduled day of the start of the stay.

As I said the system is automated and the decision to offer a review is done without any human intervention.

Did they leave you a good review Paul??

Cheers......Rob