Sending a refund

Sending a refund

One of my guest just contacted me asking for their refund, when they made the reservations I was on the moderate refund on, I don't have any problem for refunding thier money but I can't do it and if a cancel the reservation I will get penalized. I don't know the reason my guest are'nt comming but I want to help them, can someone help me

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Raul67 If you go to that reservaton, you should see "Send or request money" button. Use it.

DO NOT cancel the reservation yourself because you will get penalised.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

I just did that but it dosen't let me, I have to change the reservation, I can only change number of guests or something else, but it dose not give me the option

Thanks for the advice, it was really useful

Maria758
Level 9
Washington, DC

Hola @Raul67

That is very kind of you!  Don’t love that you have an issue, but LOVE seeing these kinds of posts where the Hosts show some compassion. 

I imagine you have no problem cancelling because you changed your cancellation policy and they now fall within those new specifics?  They are cancelling in the allotted time frame?

Anyway, just because you are offering them a full refund, doesn’t mean you have to get hit with the Host Cancellation Penalties

Contact the guests again and inform them that you are happy to refund them, in full, provided they send you a cancellation request.  Once you receive this, approve their request and then you can send them their refund through the Airbnb Resolution Center.  Here is some information:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

Because you have approved their cancellation request, there should be an option to Send/Receive money to your guest.

Personally, I would wait until the funds are full in my account before I complete this, but of course that is up to you.

Hope this is helpful!  Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Happy Hosting!

Izzie, Co-Host

LOV Puerto Rico

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Raul67

Do not accept any requests to cancel by your guest, always always decline a cancelation request.

Your guest should ring the number on their booking confirmation, explain to airbnb that you are willing to refund in full, airbnb will do the cancelation.

Thanks to everyone for the advise, it's the first time that we have this situation and I really didn't know what to do, at the end they decided to take the reservation and they are coming in, thnaks for the time, have a great day.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Has the Guest cancelled,? that is the very first step.

David