Smokers

Smokers

Our listing says no smoking in our home or on the premises. I would like to exclude smokers entirely.   I had a guy who smoked cigars away from our home. His smell lingered in our suite for several days. I am hoping that I can come right out say no smokers. Appreciate any input. Thanks 

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can add it to your listing, but seemingly many people do not read that far.

David
Phil82
Level 4
Adelaide, Australia

Please support my post for adding a  check-box to guests and hosts pages re whether they smoke or not. 

Also keep sending messages to AirBnB support to request they add this feature.

They will getteh message if we keep asking for it

Never give up on this and it WILL happen

Cheers

Phil

HI Phil,

Yes!  I see that according to Airbnb we CAN refuse smokers, so it makes sense that they would add a check-box to GUests and Hosts pages re whether they smoke or not. 

I totally support this.

Where do I find your Post re this ?

JAn 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Being an ex-smoker myself (gave up 20 years ago) I'm probably the worst type. A say no to smoking and smokers. They aint welcome and my listing makes that clear. I have it in a pic, too. 

Edit. Doh - a two-year-old thread!

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

I put the following in my listing, in the pre-approval message and in the pre-checkin message:

Smoking and Fires: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property, neither inside nor outside. There shall be NO FIRES anywhere, including camp fires, fire works or charcoal grills. If there is evidence of smoking or fires, the $400 damage deposit will be forfeited and you will be asked to leave the property without a refund.