Sneaky guest switched out one of our quality pillows for an extremely cheap one!

Teresa18
Level 2
Elkin, NC

Sneaky guest switched out one of our quality pillows for an extremely cheap one!

We recently had a repeat guest literally take our super comfy  - and certainly not cheap - pillow and pillow cover out of the pillowcase, insert her extremely cheap - and much smaller pillow - into the pillowcase and then stuff it in our closet...I'm assuming because she didn't think we would notice?  Question:  is it worth a private message to her?  I understand accidents happen and I would never say a thing if that was the case.  However, some thought went into how she could get away with our property, albeit just a pillow.  Part of me wants her to know I know...and that I will be on the lookout for anything else missing the next time she visits.  

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Teresa18 I would start by messaging her and asking her if she knows where it is, saying you've looked everywhere and wondered if she'd put it somewhere.  My cleaning lady has a real knack for putting things in place I would never think to look.

Do you want this person in your home again?

I wouldn't. I'd message asking about the pillow, then send a resolution request for the replacement. Then I'd block her from staying with me again.

If you like the repeat business, allow her to rebook and leave her s***ty pillow on the bed. "You forgot this last time."

Adriana100
Level 10
Pitts, PA

I'd send the bill to Airbnb along with a pic of the old pillow and a pic of the one she left in. I would also message her and ask for the cost of the pillow.

I wouldn't ask if she took it. She'd say no.

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Why would you want this person to stay at your home again if you think she is a very clever thief, You wouldnt know what she is planning for her next stay.

I actually had a lady  take my very heavy metal dome clock , made in Germany and she bought  a replica replacement  plastic dome clock made in Taiwan from Target . Thought I wouldnt notice LOL.

I contacted her and asked that she return the original antique clock or I would report her to the police and post it on social media. She soon returned it. Then I blocked her.  Mind you no apologies or anything.

After I got mine back I also sent her the plastic one, Made me feel good . LOL

Didnt bother going through ABB as they both looked identical in pictures. and I didnt want to go through their crapp