Someone say something nice about Plus

Jordy2
Level 2
Denver, CO

Someone say something nice about Plus

Title says it all. I'm on the fence about joining due to the overwhelming negativity I've read about the Plus program, both from people who joined and those that didn't. Would love to hear from a Plus host who's earning more, has better guests, loved the design process...anything really!

7 Replies 7
Donna519
Level 4
Bali, Indonesia

Hi Jordy, We have joined the Plus program with several of our properties and it worked for us - we attracted more bookings and better guests - I have also read a lot bad reviews regarding the Plus program, however as far as I am concerned, it does the job nicely.

You can also "leave" the Plus program and go back to your "old" listing at any time and in one click.

Happy Hosting!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm assuming you are hosting in Indonesia...I wonder how that factors into your positive experience. Great point about being able to leave the program at any time, but I won't get the thousands I'll spend in getting the home "Plus ready" back. That's the risk I'm concerned about!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Sorry to say I changed back to normal hosting for a number of reasons.

First the guest think my name is JW Marriott 

Another is we have a really high end apartment and because the clowns who took the photo's not one photo of our 2 fabulous pools I am certain that affected our bookings always the question do we have a pool I mean how stupid was that it's one of the main features of the project,

Back to normal and more bookings with normal guest

You basically lose complete control of your listing. Photos and display of photos included. Most hosts regretted doing it, said it was a waste of money, and changed back. Now, hosts will need to "pay to play" soon - Pay for Airbnb to verify their listing or be demoted in the search rankings and deprived of a 'Trust' badge. Just one of the many guestcentric changes following the 10-Day Sprint brought about by the mass murders in Orinda end of October due to 'bad actor' guests (although host being blamed by Airbnb).

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Jordy2,

Although you can usually find quite some negative posts in this community (As it doesn’t make much sense to post here, when things are doing just somewhat fine).

It’s indeed really quite hard to find any positive posts about the Airbnb Plus Program.

I don’t think, I’ve ever come across more than a handful of positive posts on the Airbnb Plus Program.

Whereas there are hundreds of very negative posts to be found here.

Unfortunately, there are no real other sources to be found across the internet. For providing some further insight in the successfulness to hosts, after having joined the Airbnb Plus Program.

I suppose only Airbnb itself (and most likely companies like Airdna) would be able to give a more detailed insight.

Funny thing is, the implementation of Airbnb Luxe seems to go much smoother (Luxury Retreats).

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jordy2 perhaps contact a couple of Airbnb plus hosts and ask them? Probably not in your area, so they won’t feel like you are competition. 

I actually did that, with mixed results. At first, it was hard to get them to respond — if Airbnb is so confident in their program, I wish they would facilitate the communication. Those that did respond were positive, but it seemed that they a) didn’t have to spend much on modifications, and b) were able to increase nightly rates, but not by much. 

in the end, I’ve decided not to go forward with Plus for now. Too much risk, minimal potential reward.