Sound Notifications not working

Mary1387
Level 2
Columbus, GA

Sound Notifications not working

This issue came up in I another thread over a year ago.  I have a Samsung Tab S3 tablet and a Samsung Luna Pro Phone. Notification SOUNDS worked for several months. All of a sudden the SOUNDS stopped working on BOTH devices. I changed nothing on the notification settings. Double checking the settings, neither has the option to choose what sounds I want. It only offers the option to have sound -- which I do.  I rely on sound notifications. I tried the solutions posted in old thread without success. Why have sounds stopped?  And how can I get sounds to work again?  

7 Replies 7
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Mary1387  Yesterday mine were not working. Today they are. Try rebooting your tablet and phone, I suppose. I didn't do anything for the sounds to reappear, so I can't be much help. All I can offer is a fellow host's empathy.

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Mary1387 @Susan151 

At this stage my devices have not lost sound notification, so I, too, am simply offering support.

However, when that happened to many people including myself, previously, I found that after a couple of weeks the notification sounds mysteriously started happening again on my phone and iPad 🙂

It helped, though, that while the distinct Airbnb chime was dead quiet, my incoming emails still beeped on arrival with my chosen sound...and because I looked at them asap, I was always aware of reservations straight away.

Catherine2113
Level 2
Templeton, CA

Help I have the Luna Pro also and no sound!!!! Almost two months with no App sound & if I forget and leave the App open in the background I get zero sound from my email also.  This equals lost $$$$$!!!!

Airbnb you need to fix this!!!  How hard in this day and age of App's is it to add a tone!! And better yet,.....one that we can change the sound on to fit our needs, come on guys, really!!!!!

Eyal11
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

I also stopped getting the sound since updating the application, so I set to get SMS for every incoming message.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Mary1387  I got a new Google Pixel 3A XL and totally love it..........HOWEVER, my ringtone and alert for Airbnb that was always my alert for requests STOPPED - gone - I've tried everything, called, gone to Verizon, you name it....so I've turned on any kind of notification to just make sure I get an alert.

That old ring tone was anchored into my brain and I'd wake with the phone in the kitchen during the night as I knew it subconsciously. NOW I just have to check AND I hate this for certain.

Seems that such a simple thing could be fixed with the advances in technology- truly????

I'd love my old ringtone back.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Catherine2113 @Eyal11 @Clara116 ,

Thanks for reporting the issue with the latest version of the android app and for providing your device details. I've shared all of this with the developers and I hope to get an update to you on the progress as soon as possible.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Catherine2113
Level 2
Templeton, CA

Thanks, you might also tell them I've noticed that if the app is open and I've communicated with someone or read something, and forgot to back out or close the app and it's still in the background on my phone I will not get any kind of sound notification from the app or my email that it's attached to, causing the same problem of missing bookings.