Special Offer new interface - excludes the clarity

Marika57
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Special Offer new interface - excludes the clarity

Hello fellow hosts! My first discussion post here, but I really want to know what you think!

So, I had this issue recently. Last year, I frequently sent special offers to my guests, especially when they are on a certain budget. It was very clear, I could see the exact amount they would pay and the amount I would earn. Right now it's all over the place.
For example, you want to book my apartment and asked for a discount - you want to pay $300 including all the fees for a 5-night stay. I agree it's not a problem. 
I send you a special offer, where I put $300, but you get $340 since there's an added Airbnb commission, which I cannot control anymore.

Now, I have to change the calendar pricing and have the second browser open as if I was a guest making a reservation, to see the total amount with the Airbnb commission. This is not user-friendly at all. 

Did you have similar issues? What do you think about that?
I'd love to hear your feedback!

3 Replies 3
Jake-and-Andrea0
Level 2
Illinois, United States

I've noticed this change as well, the previous set up was much nicer and gave all the information in one place. I hope Airbnb realizes this was a bad change and changes it back.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Marika57  unfortunately this changed a while ago.  A few hosts complained at the time, but it didn't get a lot of attention for some reason.  I take from this that not many hosts like to operate on a special price for every guest basis...

Marika57
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Thank you for the reply, Ben!

My point is that if someone doesn't use it, they don't use it, but for those who do - why not leave a perfectly working feature?

Right now, it's a mess for me. I get those requests from time to time and I'd like to provide a good service for my future guests...The additional fee that they are adding after my changes makes me look bad.