Strange situation

Irina102
Level 2
New York, NY

Strange situation

I am 20 years in that business and have the compony with 40 apts in NY.  Started to work with Arbnb and love it.
We do everything possible to make people happy, all reviews are great, respond even to the small issue same hour.

Recantly I got the guest who is a froud artist.

--She arrived and it was no issue at all.
--Based on the two months reservation I promised to refund her the cleaning fee and did it in 1 week of her stay.
--After that she called as per  family situation she need to terminate the reservation as of 10/24.
I asked her to call to ARbnb and do all that thru the compony. Arbnb gave the termination day as 11/11.
--She called me again for refund her payment from 10/24 - 11/11 , I told that will do only what arbnb will tell me to do  and 
.... got ' I will get what I need to get anyway, you will lost more' .

She terrorize me with phone calls/texts/ created issues. I was there very day after her call the same day with super/assistance.

She opened the case and left the day she needed from the beginig 10/24.

The representative was so against me, he even refunded her part of the payment.

That is the trick, which may be used by travelers to manipulate the cancelation policy and as business owner I can tell you its very dangerous.

Any advises?

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Irina102  On this platform, Air BNB may decide that the guest reason for cancellation meets the criteria for extenuating circumstances which over rides your cancellation policy.  You did not share why the guest needed to cancel.

When she called to me on 10/08 and to arbnb it was a family issue.

After mine and arbnb rejections she placed the apt issues reason. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Irina102She booked for 2 months, after a week you returned the cleaning fee, then she started working on you and Airbnb with the 'family' angle and that she is leaving on 10/24. Yet "Arbnb gave the termination day as 11/11"? Where did 11/11 come from, it doesn't sound like it was 2 month after arrival, for starters.

BTW, did she get a discount for booking 2 months? I am guessing the answer is - Yes.

--the Tennant called on 10/11 to cancel, so she was responsible till 11/11.

--discount---

by law there is 30 days min to sublet the apt in ny and my compony follow that.

Our rate is monthly and if you will transfare it to daily it's much cheaper.

Got cha.