Super host status

Lis26
Level 1
Denmark

Super host status

I have been very happy with the collaboration with airbnb, but was so disappointed, when I have received notice that I am no longer a superhost, it is very disappointing - since we really try to do all our best to satisfy all guests - BUT if one guest does not even arrive can give 1 star - despite having never been to the house, yes I understand the unreasonable judgment.
It is the guest that airbnb emphasizes in their rating -a guests who have never seen our house but can critically judge - I am disappointed that there is no better nuanced basis for superhost rating - it does not promote the motivation for the owner  or staff - unfortunately.
We do everything we can to achieve good reviews - but are very demotivated right now for the way airbnb assesses the house owner.
We like the airbnb concept, but as a house owner we are not always asked or listened to with credibility and respect.
Well -  I am deeply disappointed that ONE guest who did not even arrive may be contributing to the withdrawal of superhost, also with new house listings, drawing negatively if they are not booked shortly after they are listet.
Right now, I am disappointed and need to find the motivation again or maybe just put my ambitions down and not strive for an unequal fight for the title as a superhost.
How do others feel about superhost rating - do you think guests who do not show up must be allowed to judge your accommodation ?

I wish everyone a fantastic rental year
many sunny greetings from Lotus House Luxor
Lis
2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lis26

as far as I know, someone who hasn't check-in is not allowed to leave a review. I mean he can do it but it can be removed. However, I am not sure if rating can be removed as well... it should be.

Of course what happened to you is not fair and it is demotivating , very bad business practice, it doesn't help anyone

Lis26
Level 1
Denmark

Dear Branka & Silvia
Many Thousands Thanks for your greeting and thanks for your support. Good luck in 2019 - we must try to find the energy again.
Greetings from Denmark and Egypt
Lis