Superhost Status

Superhost Status

My brother and I are both superhosts and both have hosted in the community for several years. We try everything to make sure our listing is transparent and to serve our guests needs but there are a few things we deem unfair in part of Airbnb. Recently we both wondering if we can come up with some kind of petition to review the requirements for superhost status because we fallen off superhost status for a bogus reason. Here are our main issues.

Too many declines- we have had to decline several reservations recently because people are asking for things that are spelled out in the listing as things we do not want. i.e Having guests over, early arrivals, and long term stays. So then the person ends up being not interested but does not close the inquiry which causes us to have to decline since we also get penalized for leaving the request unanswered. Our ratings hurt as a result and we are punished for people not reading what is listed in our profile. Maybe there is a way airbnb can add a decline option that asks the other person if they agree to close the inquiry or something because the current system is really ridiculous.

Not being able to block bad guests- Airbnb does not provide a way to block guests we have rated with a low rating! We have received inquiries from the same individuals who are hoping from place to place and have left our place a mess. Naturally we do a soft decline for these people since they know where we live and we don't want problems but I should be able to block them if i have given them a bad review. What happens with the do not recommend people anyway?

Location- I find this to be extremely unfair. We clearly state were we are located and how far we are from transportation yet people sometimes leave a poor rating for this. I don't understand. It should not be in our ratings.

1 Reply 1

@Rossy---Carmen-And-Juan0

Join the many,manyposts that write in week in and week out saying the same thing. I can tell you from experience that Airbnb has read all these comments and have decided not to take any notice. 

This post has over 200 comments on it...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Review-System-Needs-To-Be-Revised/m-p/673532

"Our ratings hurt as a result and we are punished for people not reading what is listed in our profile."

yep...i will lose my Superhost too for the same reason...many others will too ..I no longer care

Airbnb estimate that between 90% to 95% of our Superhosts are going to have no problem qualifying for the Superhost program under the new criteria

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Clarity-about-the-recent-Superhost-criteria-chang...

Please add your views to current posts as that may be more effective than opening new posts ....although it does appear we are all talking to a brick wall. 

Keep Smiling !!