Superhost status

Superhost status

Happy new year everyone.

I have got a number of properties listed on airbnb  and now have a 4.7 rating but i really want to make a 4.8 and keep that superhost status but it seems impossible as some rooms are closed off until a date later than the evaluation for superhost and some rooms don't have as many reviews as others.

Am wondering, does the superhost rating take an average of all my ratings or will some rooms be superhost and others won't? 

Thanks,

Sandra.

4 Replies 4
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Happy New Year @Sandra-and-Andrew0 !

Superhost status is awarded to hosts, not listings.

Have a look at your progress tab, you'll see  there are 5 areas to work towards to achieve the stats: overall rating, response rate, cancellations, stays hosted and trips reviewed- hopefully you have them covered through your combined listings.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Youri-Janssen0
Level 2
Castelldefels, Spain

Hello,

I have an issue related to this same subject. On one hand I understand that the score combined over all the listings is what counts in order to become a superhost. Especially the aspects that are related to you as a host like response rate, cancellations and reviews say something about you. What I find hard coop is that how the location of one property, which might not be ideal, can affect the superhost status of another property. I meet all the requirements for super host but we are all the time with a rating of 4.6 or 4.7 as a result of two properties.

A simple solution would be to move the lower scoring properties to another account but I'd prefer someone to look at this and find a real solution.

Is anyone sharing this problem?

Thanks,

Youri

Hi @Youri-Janssen0 I hope you are well!

It is only the "overall" star rating when a guest reviews you that counts towards your Superhost status, not the individual ratings for location, check-in, value etc.

Best wishes

Paul.

Youri-Janssen0
Level 2
Castelldefels, Spain

Hi Paul, Thanks very much. I'll focus on that.

Best,

Youri