THANK YOU Airbnb

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

THANK YOU Airbnb

Like a lot of hosts, on occasion I bitch and moan about Airbnb. I sometimes feel unsupported and frustrated by you.

However, I thought I would take a moment to thank you for getting it right 99% of the time. If you had not started your business, I would not have mine.

Many thanks team

32 Replies 32
Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Well said! 

I agree.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Me too

Khamyriverside0
Level 1
Hội An, Vietnam

Dear Air bnb 

My name is Thanh,sale manager at Khamy riverside resort,in Hoi An [Address hidden]

Ann-and-Graham0
Level 1
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Hi Hugh,   that sounds very interesting.  What business may I ask?  

Regards

Annie

Pressumably a rental, no? That's what I class as the business Airbnb has helped me drive.  

Seriously Ann? I don’t short term rent my apartments for free. All hosts are operating a business.

Christopher24
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I love being an Airbnb Super Host, it allows me to make some extra money and meet lots of cool people. I love hearing their reactions when they step into my place and realize they made an excellent choice with Airbnb!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is great to hear @Hugh0. Thanks so much for sharing this here in the Community Center, it is always nice to hear positive feelings and I will pass this back to the team.

We just need to work on the extra 1% now! 🙂

Have you been hosting quite a long time?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie

I have been hosting for 6 years. After 1200+ trips it’s hard to remember a time before hosting.

I have watched Airbnb, hosts, guests and Community attitudes towards short term letting evolve. It is a monumental task addressing and balancing these often competing interests.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host. It still gives me a buzz when a guest says they have had a great stay.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, that is an incredible achievement congratulations @Hugh0! I can see why people would like to stay with you. Your listings looks lovely and you have a great central location. I have been to Sydney twice now to visit friends and it is a truely fantastic city. 

You must have some amazing stories across your hosting journey. Any you can share? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie

It has been a journey.  A few bumps on the way but normally it’s smooth sailing.

It is my experience that great guests don’t leave their hosts with stories - they just leave goodwill. Stories are the domain of bad guests  - like the guest who tries to open a pop up sink plug with a spoon and scratches the fitting and sink.

However I do have fond memories of hosting a family from Iran with a daughter of similar age to mine who spent the day on our boat taking a cruise around our beautiful harbour. 

Couldn't agree with you more @Hugh0. In fact, our pleasure with our Airbnb hosting (and guest) experience has been outstanding. We're Superhosts, and have had nothing but excellent experiences - with our guests and with customer service. 

I am am often puzzled by the horror stories I read on this forum - awful guests and terrible customer service from Airbnb. I have always received prompt and courteous CS support, and our guests have been friendly, appreciative of our space and our role as hosts, excellent communication, and have left our space so neat it's often hard to tell they've been there. 

Part of our Thanksgiving dinner conversation was about what was it that we are doing differently than hosts with poor experiences, that has resulted in such a consistently excellent experience? My guess is strong and friendly communication before arrival. Guests arrive feeling a connection to me and my space, and their experience upon arrival very much matches their expectations as well as the positive reviews that have been left. I think it's that high correlation between guest and host expectations that has created such a positive experience for me. And perhaps it's that correlation of expectations  that guarantees success?

Also very grateful this Thanksgiving season for the financial opportunity Airbnb has provided as well as for the lovely way my life has been enriched by every guest I've met.

Jude

thats cool

Asha12
Level 1
Newark, NJ

I feel unsupported and frustrated as a customer. Airbnb favors the host more than anything. I got ripped off the trip I'm on now. For 1. the long term cancellation, 2. my host raised their price per night after I had booked months in advanced. The price should be locked even if there is a reservation change, other than allowing them to take $400 extra for a place that's not even worth it.