The new review ("progress") page is too hard to read over and REPLY feature is broken

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

The new review ("progress") page is too hard to read over and REPLY feature is broken

Has anyone noticed the new display of your reviews shows only the guest and star rating... to see their review you must click a link to open it up which is absurd for high volume hosts. Granted we get each one emailed yet those do not show which house it was for. But here is the reason I am taking time to post this. The REPLY feature is broken. I have tried repeatedly and am ending up with a blank web page and time out error. Replying to reviews is vital. There is a time limit although I do not know what it is. This inability to reply to reviews is a big deal. It is horrible for those of us who have clients who expect us to reply to reviews. The poor new display is also a big deal when it comes to lack of understanding how we use that tool. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary419  It's funny, I've never accessed my reviews from the progress page- I've only ever looked at them either by going to my listing, or my profile (where I click on Reviews on the left-hand side of the page). Have you tried responding to reviews from there? I've never felt the need yet to leave a public review response, so I can't suggest any more than that, sorry.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary419  Actually, I take that back- I forgot they had changed the way things appear- I used to be able to click on my profile photo on the upper right and choose setttings (or profile, can't remember now) and that page would come up with a list on the left hand side, reviews among them. Now it's just a page of icons when you click on settings there, and you can't get to reviews from there. I liked the old set-up way better.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

Sorry that nobody else seemed to have an issue with this but replying to reviews is very important on occasion. As a manager my clients actually expect me to reply when a guest has made any slight complaint. It has been 3 weeks and I am STILL unable to reply. I get the girl who dropped ice cream, or just a frozen screen. How has this not been corrected by now? Also the new view of all your reviews showing only the star summary is horrible  because when and if the reply feature comes back it will be super tedious for me to flip through and look for the ones that warrant a host response. I am so bummed about both of these things.

Hey Mary

Totally with you on this. I used to reply every single review, but with the new design, it's so hard to get to reply and it's impossible to see which listing the review is for. You are getting blank web pages or no responses because the link that opens up the review's public response expects the review to be on the first page. If for some reason it is not on the first page, it will fail. That's very bad.

What I'm doing right now is going through the users reviews page and replying one by one. When I have to see which listing the review is for, I have to copy the guest name and search in my email to see the listing, it's ridiculous and a lot of work, but I have to do it 😞

Let's only hope they design a new easier way to leave a public response for hosts that have many listings