This is a new one

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

This is a new one

I had a guest call me to tell me about why they are having trouble with their payment method. Reservation is not for some time....they seemed worried it was cancelled. Its not. I directed them to Airbnb. 

Does anyone know if Airbnb reaches out directly to guests whose payments aren't going through? Is there any way this guest could still stay without paying?

3 Replies 3
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

If the payment is not valid, you will not get a reservation confirmation.It will say "payment pending". No checkin information should be sent to the guest.

Under no circumstances should you let them in your house until payment is cleared.

It is the guest's responsibility to clear up the payment. 

You may text the guest and explain that they need to contact Airbnb.

Best you can do. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Laura2592 No, abb are not proactive with these things. Guest will need to stay on it themselves

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Laura2592 

I have had this happen a few times and, on this one, I need to stick up for Airbnb. The guest has said to me they are having trouble with paying, I have got onto CX and asked them to facilitate the reservation payment and they have. They have taken care of it and the next thing, I get a booking confirmation.

Airbnb will reach out to the guest, I have found that where money is concerned Airbnb will move heaven and earth to make sure a booking does not escape them!

Cheers......Rob