Two guests, two rooms

Ingrid3
Level 2
Tauranga, New Zealand

Two guests, two rooms

Hi there.

I have recently received three instant bookings for 2 people. On arrival these people are not couples and require two seperate beds, my listing is  2 queen rooms.

My listing is for a set price supplying a queen size bed for 1/2 people, ie 1 room.

When two people arrive at my home requesting seperate rooms because they are not partners, am I obliged to give them the second room keeping in mind they have booked and paid for 1 room.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Cheers Ingrid

6 Replies 6
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

I just looked at your listing. It's a gorgeous house and you got great reviews!

I think you should provide them with 2 rooms with 2 separate beds. That's how I understood your listing to be. 

As a host I understand why you are hesitant, maybe for future reservations, revise your house description to reflect more clearly what you intended. 

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Your listing clearly shows 2 bedrooms 4 people so that's what guests will expect to get. If you want to rent out each bedroom separately, you'll have to create a separate listing for each room. The way it's set up now, it's not possible for a person to book just one room, and if they did, there would be no way for someone to book the other room since you don't have a listing for it.

Thank you Ed & Hugh.  I was pretty sure there was no way around it in my listing. You have just confirmed that for me.

I have a three room place where I rent two rooms as double rooms and in one room I rent out beds (like a hostel). I have made five listing altogether, one for each room and one for each bed. 

I have the same situation.  I was thinking of adding a note to my listing explaining that a reservation for two guests is assumed to be for just one room.  If they require the second room, there could be an extra charge for the additional cleaning, which I have to pay for.

Tim-And-Wendy0
Level 2
Western Australia, Australia

Hi Ingrid It seems many comments misunderstand the issue here. We have the same problem and feel we should be able to charge for the second bedroom as if there were two occupants in the main bedroom. i.e two people not partners in both rooms should be charged like 4. would be interested to hear if you have resolved this in any way. It is a flaw in Airbnb system I feel.