Two guests using two bedrooms instead of just one

Birgit0
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

Two guests using two bedrooms instead of just one

I have a two bedroom apartment where the base price is for two people, extra people pay more. It has happened that couples have used both bedrooms, while paying only for two guests. Obviously, there is extra cost when the second bedroom is used. How should I handle such situations?

4 Replies 4

@Birgit0 you should then consider only advertising rooms, not a whole apartment.  Often i have 2 guests booking an apartment with 2 bedrooms as they do not want to sleep together (for many reasons including snoring).  Otherwise just increase your prices to factor this in.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Yes, it looks like you have the listing set for entire home...if they're paying for the entire place then you can't really dictate where they sleep.

I agree the way you have it set up you are renting out the whole place.

David

Maybe one of them snores?  Maybe they had a fight.  Maybe one finds one bed more comfortable than the other...whatever the reason it is not putting you out too much to have to wash one extra set of sheets.

I have the same type of unit available and I figure that if the second bedroom offered them a better night´s sleep for whatever reason, then I am probably going to receive a better review so definitely worth it.  With all the problems some guests can bring, I think using the second room, which is technically available, is a very minor issue.