What currency (if any) is this: ₹6680?

Caroline14
Level 2
Nuremberg, Germany

What currency (if any) is this: ₹6680?

What this strange 'currency' is that shows up instead of EURO. It is confusing to say the least. My page is in EURO (sonetimes shows $$$ till it gets itself sorted but ₹6680????!!!! What is that and why does it keep showing up? I want my Euro back! ;o)

Thanks for any help...

20 Replies 20

I do see the boxes and I did respond what I thought they were.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Indian Rupee is in fact INR but what I am getting is a small empty rectangle before the amount! as shown ... ₹1234 I travel a lot but never came across this before! My page is already set to EURO! Any more ideas?

I already have the Euro showing on my page. This symbol comes before a booking. Airbnb is trying to tell me what I will earn. However I always get this rectangle or square before the amount - I don't get the Euro ro $ sign - just a rectangle or square. It makes no sense and  noone has been able to help me. It is NOT the Indian Rupee! The sihn for Indian Rupee is INR. The sign you sent me is NOT a rectangle neither is it a square! ;o) I would really appreciate help now as I am never sure as to what I am going to earn unless I reckon it out myself.

Thanks in advance.

Caroline

Dear Caroline,

The Indian rupee symbol for INR is the letter R with strokes, which is new and recently introduced and not many software/programs/fonts picked this up.
It needs to be resolved by AirBnb web site/web hosting as INR short form symbol. This could possibly happen if someone is trying to book from India, if you are getting other currency symbols correctly, then the issue is with AirBnb assigning the Indian rupee symbol.

Regret that only AirBnb can resolve your issue, as I do not get the symbol and only numericals, here in India.

Cheers

Freddy 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great response @Freddy0, thanks for clearing this up. 

I'm just going to tag @Caroline14 into this thread (top tip - if you add the @ symbol followed by the name of the person you are responding to in the thread, then they will receive an email notification)

Also, Freddy I hope you don't mind, but I have removed your surname from your post, for safety (as it is publicly visible) personal information is removed from the Community Center.

I hope this is fine with you and thanks again for all you help. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ante6
Level 1
Okrug Gornji, Croatia

So how did you resolve an issue? I have Indian rupee currency on all of my requests too. If I receive a confirmation - I get the euros too but calculation is done in Indian rupee and also, the latest, in Čk. I guess this Čk are now added since the guest in question is from Czech Republic but rupees are a constant.  The biggest problem is when I need / want to send a special offer. I must do it in Indian rupee :-o.

I tried to find help by directly contacting airbnb while it looks like some software bug but I did not manage to find any way of contacting them from Croatia.

Please provide a link for contacting airbnb support centre or any solution for my problem. It has been the same from when I listed my place (a few months now) and I have no idea how to get help which is really frustrating.

Thank you.