What do you do over the holidays?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

What do you do over the holidays?

Alonso admiring the tree - or snoozing, hard to say which. It was his first Christmas in Canada after being rescued from the streets in Spain.Alonso admiring the tree - or snoozing, hard to say which. It was his first Christmas in Canada after being rescued from the streets in Spain.Bexley the grumpy reindeer with my co-host DaveBexley the grumpy reindeer with my co-host Dave

I absolutely love Christmas: the snow, the carols, the decorations, speding time with family and friends, giving gifts... I absolute adore it. My husband and co-host Dave has to restrain me from turning on the lights and putting up all the decorations right after Remembrance Day - November 11th here in Canada. He insists that I wait until the beginning of December. I don't. We're staying home for Christmas this year with our dogs and having lots of friends and family to visit: we have a real tree, and I make a big turkey and ham dinner on Christmas eve. We exchange our gifts on Chrismas morning. We are also hosting Airbnb guests throughout the holidays, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

I know we have hosts from all kinds of places and all different traditions here in the Community Center, and I want to hear about everyone's holidays - whether they've already passed earlier in the month, or they're still to come. What traditions do you have? Will you be hosting? Do you include your guests in your celebrations if you do?

Whatever you do this December, I wish you and yours a very happy holidays, and all  the very best for 2019!

1 Reply 1
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

1. @Alexandra316 Seasons Greetings and Kirihimete koa from New Zealand.

Mostly Northland   kiwi holidays are spent around or in the water.  .

Some people get up early just to pitch their sun shelters up in the best spots so we change a little from empty beaches to tent city . ( maybe 20 tents ) 

BarB Ques are the norm or just picnic lunches so that’s what  most families do with maybe a few fireworks on Christmas Eve with friends. 

Unfortunately there’s a deluge of rain and storm warnings which will put a bit of a damper on things but after our morning walk with our hounds tomorrow  I expect partner  Tom to makes my favorite pancakes.

We have a barBQue to attend in the afternoon come rain or shine which will be nice and In the evening I will FaceTime my family in the UK and Spain for prezzies opening time.

We have guests arriving on Boxing Day so I do hope the rain stops for them.  I always worry that there’s not enough for guests  to do . 😉 

18F2FFF4-5D9D-4472-8424-67EF96549944.jpegpeaceful wishes to everyone.